SWAPR - SWeet Automatic Player Replacement script - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #51
Snapper

For me it is running well as long as I don't try to run it on my dedicated server. The planes spawn as they should but when I grab a seat the jet explodes instantly. After a couples of tries I can get a seat without exploding but that me jet has no gear.

When I run the same mission on my main pc it works fine. Any ideas?
Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:32 PM   #52
wolf5
Tester NS 430

Did you use the latest version ?
You have to put offset, check the video. it's explain.

2RIMa-Gaming

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters
wolf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:49 PM   #53
Snapper

No I used the first version without offset. So maybe it will solve my issue already. Will report back.
Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:15 AM   #54
Hardcard

@Snapper

Execution delay is probably causing the replacement unit to not be removed in time, so your client immediately collides with it and blows up on spawn.

The current plug & play version won't solve that issue, since it doesn't apply offsets to planes in airbases.

Lucky for you, I think I've just discovered a way to dispense with all offsets and avoid such spawn collisions for good... I'll be releasing a new version soon.

Also, the upcoming SWAPR version will probably support carrier-based replacements for the Kuznetsov and the Vinson (Stennis is a bit of a nightmare, but I might pull it off yet ... Tarawa is a no go)

Last edited by Hardcard; 08-13-2019 at 03:44 AM.
Hardcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:31 PM   #55
Hardcard

@Everyone

Hi there people!

Looks like I'll need volunteers to make SWAPR work with the Stennis, right now I can only test helicopters on it (since I don't own the tomcat, harrier or hornet modules).

Tomcat, harrier and hornet module owners interested in getting SWAPR to work with the Stennis, please contact me via PM
Old 08-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #56
Rudel_chw
Veteran

PM sent
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:09 PM   #57
Hardcard

@Everyone

Good news, people!

I've managed to finally get SWAPR working with some Stennis-based clients (only helicopters so far...fingers crossed for planes)

The new SWAPR version I'm working on features:
Spoiler:
  • Replacement unit removal before the client spawns (which should take care of the collision issue)
  • Multiple-client group support
  • Open terrain client support (for clients spawning on flat terrain anywhere on the map, set to "Takeoff from ground")
  • FARP client support (FARP clients should be set to "Takeoff from ground", though)
  • Full airbase client support (even for clients placed inside sheltered spots)
  • Kuznetsov and Vinson client support (clients must be set to "Takeoff from runway" on the Vinson, though)
  • Support for Huey and Mi-8 clients on the Stennis (haven't tested gazelle clients, but they should be supported as well)
  • All carrier-based clients have a "Deck Cleanup" F10 menu available, which they can use to remove and respawn replacements at will
  • Absurdly simple and quick setup

I'll keep working on Stennis plane implementation... if I pull it off, I'll need someone to punch me, to make sure I'm not dreaming

Last edited by Hardcard; 08-14-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #58
ZlinMan

Fine work, huge thanks !
Old 08-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #59
Sandman1330

Hi Hardcard,

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

I'm having trouble getting it working. I'm coming in cold to the plug and play version (never tried the previous version), and I'm a bit new at scripting and ME.

I've added the _Client and _Plane suffixes to my pilot names, and I've modified the lua file to look for those 2 suffixes.

When I load the mission and select spectators, SWAPR sees the 2 clients I've added the suffixes to (I get the SWAPR Count = 2). However, no statics spawn in their spots. Clearly I'm missing something, but I can't figure it out. I've watched the new video, but I'll admit I didn't watch the old one as it seemed to include a lot of stuff that's not needed anymore.

What could I be doing wrong?
Old 08-17-2019, 06:48 PM   #60
Hardcard

@Sandman1330

I'll need more information

Post your mission here or send it to me via PM