External Lights Not Working?

Newt

Hey all, I've been in the DCS Community since the beginning with the Ka-50, but as you can see, haven't posted much. Just been a reader.

Anyway, I'm a little confused as to how to get my ext lights working in the A-10C (love this plane, btw). I've been turning on the switches on the right panel, but only the internal lights work. I THOUGHT that the "flash/off/steady" switch in the EXT Lights panel would do it, but after that failed I tried all the switches and knobs. Am I missing something?:huh:

Thanks,

Newt

Live every week like it's Shark Week. :D

OOOohhhhh....... :doh:

Ok, that makes sense... I don't have that mapped to my Saitek X-52. I'll have to look up the keyboard shortcut.

Thanks a bunch!

Just got back from reading the manual. How do I turn on the nose wheel forward spot light? All other external lights work.

Asus P6 MB i7 6GB OC'd 3.8Ghz Win 7 64bit Cogage Cooler Radeon 6870 OC'd 975Mhz Core 1250 MHz RAM TM Afterburner TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Aardvarking it

Call me an idiot, but I've been trying to make the night vision work and haven't figured out how. I searched for it in the manual and if it's there I missed it...

Call me an idiot, but I've been trying to make the night vision work and haven't figured out how. I searched for it in the manual and if it's there I missed it...

H+RShift

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

'Toggle goggles' (RightShift+H) toggles the night vision goggles. 'Gain goggles down' and 'Gain goggles up' (RAlt+RShift+H / RCtrl+RShift+H) decrease or increase the gain (brightness) of ze goggles.

'Toggle goggles' (RightShift+H) toggles the night vision goggles. 'Gain goggles down' and 'Gain goggles up' (RAlt+RShift+H / RCtrl+RShift+H) decrease or increase the gain (brightness) of ze goggles.

Thanks, this was actually the part that I needed.

I actually did just figure it out about 20 minutes ago. But I am happy someone replied, nonetheless. :)

• 5 years later...
Is there any way to mod the game so the wingman not use lights at all? I'd rather have him dark all the time than bright all the time.

Hm.. I think wingman use the same lights as you. If you turn external lights off he also does respectively and vice versa.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...
In addition to the previous messages, with the pinkie switch to the rear, the Nav. lights do not flash when selected. They stay on steady but go dim/bright when selected. I am running on beta so I don't know if this may possibly be the reason.

I have the same, steady nav lights in both steady and flash selections. I think it's a bug as others have confirmed the issue. I did read somewhere that if in MP and you have your lights set to flash, others can see this but you only see steady lights on F2 view.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

There's also a search function in the control configuration menus.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.