Who auto starts their aircraft

CBenson89

I learn things in stages. How to start is the last thing on my list now. (I want to be able to fly, land, and then use the various systems). Once I have that sorted out, then I'll go to the startup procedure, so for me - it's autostart until I know the system. Then it's manual (with the occasional exception).

Edited by Dangerzone

Depends. Most of the time if I love a module (spit, Gazelle etc)I like to know that I [i]can[/i] start the AC cold if I so wish. I like to have that power and especially when I was new to DCS it seemed like an essential part of the whole experience. But...

I tend to forget the procedures if I don't play a particular module for a while or so, and after a while began to realize that I wasn't learning much.

The thing is, if one is simply remembering a series of buttons to press, rather than actually learning and truly understanding what all the systems do, then I don't think you are really learning anything, though one might be able to kid himself into believing he is a real pilot!

Truth is though, if you really want to learn these planes and the start up procedure, its going to take a hell of a lot more time and effort than memorizing a start up sequence. After all, there's a reason why pilots are so well paid!

I have to wonder if real pilots themselves, who spend all their time flying, would bother to go through all the hassle. I honestly think if I really understood the systems as well as the professionals that that confidence and security in my own knowledge would probably make me more inclined to "just start the bloody thing" at the click of a button.

I don't find the whole process especially interesting after a while to be honest, and dare I say it, it even starts to get a bit tedious for me personally!    

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,