Anyone try this campaign yet?

:music_whistling:

Just curious of any first impressions. I'm going to get it in few days.

Here is a preview of the 1st mission:

1BesDoQ8tk8

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Rudel, please note that it’s a WIP version from 2 months ago

Looking forward to hearing some feedback, good hunting! ;)

OK, duly noted .. tough it still serves to give a glimpse of the Campaign, for those people not yet decided on its purchase.

Regarding the feedback, mine will take a good while .. I purchased the Campaign on day one as the Cold War subject is really interesting to me, but I'm currently with my hands full learning the JF-17 and dont want to interrupt the learning process just yet. :D

Best regards

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Haha, I feel ya! I purchased the Hornet on sale, and now I'm stuck between learning its sytems and replaying Bunyap's Epsom campaign because it's just way too cool over the new Normandy map. :D

I hear ya I need to get back in Blue nose bastards also and enjoy the new upgrade map. This will give me two campaigns to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm two missions into the campaign and so far like it. The missions are around 30 minutes, which suits me quite nicely.

Some are a bit longer, but all of them nice. I am going to mission 9 already. I will make some movies about it.

All the best,

Sydy

Hi Reflected,

I flew the campaign up to mission 9 and I am making a lot of movies and screen shots. Never saw a custom skin. I may show you some screen shots. Including one where my flight all had the same number.

Maybe something is broken, but I saw the link for the skins inside the campaign folder. Is that correct or where they supposed to go for th CoreMods/acft/f86/liveries... and so on?

All the best,

Sydy

Darn...thank you, I will report it to ED! It doesn’t look as cool without the custom skins :/

Btw, fixed the skin problem. The installer did not put the F-86s nor the P-51 skins in the correct folders (Coremods and Bazar). The Mig-15 skins were there, but I don't know if I had it before or not. Are the Mig-15 skins exclusive of your campaign?

Anyway, checked before the mission and it was default skin, checked after copying the skins to the correct folders and got the customized skin for the mission.

All the best,

Sydy

Hi Reflected and guys,

Just finished the campaign! Pretty impressive and immersive. I loved it. Now I will make some movies to the guys. Some missions had nice dogfights!

Here is my results:

Digital-Combat-Simulator-Black-Shark-Screenshot-2019-12-25-20.png

Got hit only on the last dogfight and lost my LH Flap, but made it home allright.

Tks a lot, Reflected. I will make some nice movies out of it!

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

• 1 month later...

After managing to get some spare time, i finally finished the campaign yesterday after flying the last 5 missions in a row. Wow, so much fun!

picture.php?albumid=1824&pictureid=11639

The only complaint I have: now I wish, we could have a campaign flying the Mig-15

Thanks Greg for this awesome campaign!

Cheers,

Flo

Edited by PapaFlo
typo

• 6 months later...