[RESOLVED]DCS still refuses to find Multiplayer servers?

Aluminum Donkey

Greetings,

Gripe as described in thread title. DCS simply refuses to display any servers.

Tried running a DNS cache flush. Tried forwarding ports. Nothing helps.

Any ideas?

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• ED Team

Try adding this to your autoexec.cfg in your saved games config folder

net.force_ipv4_lan=true

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, Imma try this soon

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

Check if IPv6 is disabled. Was reports of users having problem when it was disabled.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Really? I didn't think anyone was actually using IPv6 yet.

AD

Kit:

Try adding this to your autoexec.cfg in your saved games config folder

net.force_ipv4_lan=true

Hey, that seems to have done the trick! Thanks so much! :beer:

AD

Kit:

Hehe Read it somewhere. IPv6 is fantastic.

Really? What does IPv6 actually do, as far as Internet use is concerned?

I heard it was only there to allow a greater number of addresses, or does it actually do anything cool besides just that, such as lower latency/fewer errors/higher transfer speeds on the same hardware?

AD

Kit:

Really? What does IPv6 actually do, as far as Internet use is concerned?

I heard it was only there to allow a greater number of addresses, or does it actually do anything cool besides just that, such as lower latency/fewer errors/higher transfer speeds on the same hardware?

AD

It was meant as a joke on my part.

But basically all of your points. You trolling/baiting me? Just kidding.

Better simplified router tables, means less latency as routing becomes more efficient. Simplified packet headers, also more efficient. Simplified net config, better automation. Enough IP addresses, like you mention, but applied to points above. Every gadget/device in the whole world, a "real" IP address, wherever it goes, because it will be based on (partially) based on its own address. Directed data flows. You name it.

Better security!

I've been running IPv6 for years. Alas, it's not implemented, because not many, even in IT, really grasps the concept. It's easy once you get it. But it can be intimidating at first. I admit it. And addresses are hard to remember. So your DNS space must be correct from the start. I think that's why many ISPs only halfway implemented it.

If you're interested it's easy to read a little and become convinced.

Cheers!