Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Is there anyway to set a default profile, I have quite a number and it always defaults to the A-10C which appears first in my list.:doh:

This is a great suggestion, perhaps AG could consider having the app "remember" the previous session's choices? In my case, I have been importing lots of pdfs for the F-18, and it gets very repetitive to always have to select the aircraft, etc.

Pretty please.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Kneeboard Profiles greyed out

Entie program works as advertised until I get ready to modify the profile and position my kneeboard. Am running DCS in open-beta and have tried Standard open beta and custom with no help.

What am I missing? Have searched for answer in forum, KB manual. Help please.

Was there ever a solution to the "value cannot be null" error? I see a few other people have experienced it when they try to change profiles. For what it's worth, I'm running in Admin mode, my DCS installation is in the standard location, and the config process has been done correctly as far as I can tell.

Was there ever a solution to the "value cannot be null" error? I see a few other people have experienced it when they try to change profiles. For what it's worth, I'm running in Admin mode, my DCS installation is in the standard location, and the config process has been done correctly as far as I can tell.

On further troubleshooting, it looks like this only occurs when I try to write a profile to 'All'. Maybe there is a bad path defined for one of the module kneeboard locations?

• 2 weeks later...
Entie program works as advertised until I get ready to modify the profile and position my kneeboard. Am running DCS in open-beta and have tried Standard open beta and custom with no help.

What am I missing? Have searched for answer in forum, KB manual. Help please.

I'm having the exact same problem. When I go to 'Options' in the menu, and then 'Kneeboard Profile', the option 'Modify' is greyed out and the only other option I have is: 'Restore Defaults' I've even watched tutorials on YouTube, but it doesn't work as the tutorials. Can someone help me understand what I have to do?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

here my probleme:

- I crate a document using Word or notepad.

then print it ising Microsoft print to PDF

file is perfect then import it using KneeBuilder then the PNG has chinees a like carater instade of what I wrote. The PDF is perfet.

Windows 10, 64, Canadian French

Thanks for your help

Ray

here my probleme:

- I crate a document using Word or notepad.

then print it ising Microsoft print to PDF

file is perfect then import it using KneeBuilder then the PNG has chinees a like carater instade of what I wrote. The PDF is perfet.

Windows 10, 64, Canadian French

Thanks for your help

Ray

the extension is .pdf not .PDF?

DCS are Linux guys.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Hey mate, i have a question concerning your dynamic kneeboard system. As i have read in the description in the OP, these dynamic pages are being build from the mission file when loading the mission. Is it possible to rebuild new pages during the mission?

The idea being; you contact an ai jtac and all his info is then imported to a sort of 9-line mission card on the kneeboard. I reckon all the ai jtac's info must be stored somewhere either in the mission file, or in some dcs cache or so, and might be readable. This info should be in the same format i reckon, and it might be possible to then import this line for line to a kneeboard 9-line mission card.

Edited by sc_neo

• 4 weeks later...

Downloaded the App, the instructions I found in the help section on your website helped me customize the position and size of the kneeboard on each of my aircraft. I have a 3 screen and now the kneeboard is in view near the center, I don't have to turn to look at the far edge of the monitor. Thank you much!

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

I'm having the exact same problem. When I go to 'Options' in the menu, and then 'Kneeboard Profile', the option 'Modify' is greyed out and the only other option I have is: 'Restore Defaults' I've even watched tutorials on YouTube, but it doesn't work as the tutorials. Can someone help me understand what I have to do?

Thanks

I've the same problem.

• 5 weeks later...

Kneeboard Builder not writing to Kneeboard Builder Config for some ac.

I have a problem with some aircraft, notably the Spitfire and the BF-109.

It would appear that they are not adding the relevant folders and 5 .lua files to 'Kneeboard Builder Config\Custom Kneeboard Settings'. Consequently the cockpit area is not being rendered.

Can anyone suggest a reason, or, better still, a cure for this.

I have not investigated whether these are the only 2 aircraft types showing this error.

I should have added that I use Helios - although this does not stop other profiles from working normally..

Edited by flyco
Added information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would be great to get A-10C II support soon.:pilotfly:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Would be great to get A-10C II support soon.:pilotfly:
In what way? I can create kneeboards and profiles for the A-10C_2 as it is shown in the app.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Someone might try PM'ing Alaska. He hasn't written anything in this thread since June -- four months ago -- and that was one of his rare appearances. I think this can more or less be considered abandon-ware.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

... I think this can more or less be considered abandon-ware.

It still is pretty useful for me, the software is astute enough to detect new DLC aircrafts without needing an update, and it makes placing custom kneeboards inside a mission file a real snap :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It still is pretty useful for me, the software is astute enough to detect new DLC aircrafts without needing an update, and it makes placing custom kneeboards inside a mission file a real snap :thumbup:

I agree. It's good, where it works. I still use it.

But if there's a bug or something not working with a new model, I would be hard pressed to say anything encouraging about the prospects of getting a resolution.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1