VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I have bought and paid for Vaicom pro and have a licence number sent by e-mail. However I do not get a desktop shortcut or anything on my desktop. I cannot activate my licence with the file I have downloaded. What do I do ???
Read the manual and the part about the installation. It's a plugin for Voice Attack, so you must install Voice Attack first, and then install VAICOM (copy basically) and import it into Voice Attack, then you can open the VAICOM control panel and validate your keys.

It's all very well described in the manual. Then you need to configure it, it's all in the manual. If you still have questions after this, please come back, and will sort you out!

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

So I'm still having issues with my Install. When VA/Vaicom is opened it creates the DCS Openbeta file in my saved games which contains the export lua. Problem is, my DCS saved games is just called DCS, not DCS open beta. If I remove my DCS saved games file and launch the sim, a new one is created, but It's just called DCS.

How do I get Vaicom to drop the correct files in my DCS saved games instead of creating a new Open beta file?

Edited by oz555

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

So I'm still having issues with my Install. When VA/Vaicom is opened it creates the DCS Openbeta file in my saved games which contains the export lua. Problem is, my DCS saved games is just called DCS, not DCS open beta. If I remove my DCS saved games file and launch the sim, a new one is created, but It's just called DCS.

How do I get Vaicom to drop the correct files in my DCS saved games instead of creating a new Open beta file?

If you search your registry what entries are in there for DCS?

What is your DCS install path?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Do you have a "variant.txt" file somwhere?

Read the manual and the part about the installation. It's a plugin for Voice Attack, so you must install Voice Attack first, and then install VAICOM (copy basically) and import it into Voice Attack, then you can open the VAICOM control panel and validate your keys.

It's all very well described in the manual. Then you need to configure it, it's all in the manual. If you still have questions after this, please come back, and will sort you out!

Cheers!

Thanks for this - I have Voice attack. I have unzipped Vaicom into the apps folder - Voice Attack still does not appear to recognise it is there. I know i have to import a profile for DCS - but from where?

Thanks for this - I have Voice attack. I have unzipped Vaicom into the apps folder - Voice Attack still does not appear to recognise it is there. I know i have to import a profile for DCS - but from where?
On the main VA window top right there is the button that allows you to manage your profiles - one of the options here is to import.

Then you need to navigate to the profiles subfolder (under Vaicom) and it should be in there (it is a .vap file)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

If you search your registry what entries are in there for DCS?

What is your DCS install path?

I don't have DCS actually Installed within Windows. Since I did the new Windows Install, I just run it straight from the exe on my SSD.

I don't have DCS actually Installed within Windows. Since I did the new Windows Install, I just run it straight from the exe on my SSD.
You can test VAICOM without DCS actually. Import as Horn says. In VA settings, make sure to enable plugins and run as admin.

You can test VAICOM without DCS actually. Import as Horn says. In VA settings, make sure to enable plugins and run as admin.

Vaicom is working just fine on it's own. It just won't interact with DCS as it creates the export.lua in a separate open beta file. I'm guessing due to DCS not being in the registry.

Vaicom is working just fine on it's own. It just won't interact with DCS as it creates the export.lua in a separate open beta file. I'm guessing due to DCS not being in the registry.
Sorry. I totally misread your post.

VAICOM is installed and works within VA. Run a DCS repair. In VAICOM control panel. Fix reg, repair lua. Restart VA and then start DCS.

sniped by @MAXsenna:thumbup:

Sorry. I totally misread your post.

VAICOM is installed and works within VA. Run a DCS repair. In VAICOM control panel. Fix reg, repair lua. Restart VA and then start DCS.

Just followed those steps and no joy I'm afraid. It just creates a separate open beta file again and ignores my DCS saved games file.

Cheers!

Thanks Max, I have Voice Attack. I download and unzip Vaicom into the apps folder. Then what? I know I have to import a profile but have no place to import it from. Where do I activate my licence?

Thanks Max, I have Voice Attack. I download and unzip Vaicom into the apps folder. Then what? I know I have to import a profile but have no place to import it from. Where do I activate my licence?
You need to start voiceattack (VA). On the main VA window top right there is the button that allows you to manage your profiles (has a +symbol in it) - one of the options here is to import.

Then you need to navigate to the profiles subfolder (under Vaicom) and it should be in there (it is a .vap file)

Once you have done and the profile is in VA this you need to press LCTRL + LALT + C to bring up the Vaicom config screen. Licence is then entered on the About tab

You need to start voiceattack (VA). On the main VA window top right there is the button that allows you to manage your profiles (has a +symbol in it) - one of the options here is to import.

Once you have done and the profile is in VA this you need to press LCTRL + LALT + C to bring up the Vaicom config screen. Licence is then entered on the About tab

Remember to clear the text where you paste the license keys!!! For some reason it stays there unselected when you click in the box!

Just followed those steps and no joy I'm afraid. It just creates a separate open beta file again and ignores my DCS saved games file.
Well, you have not selected open beta in the control panel i gather. In the DCS install folder. Do you have a file called variant.txt? I don't think VAICOM use this file but worth checking.

Have you looked in the registry, to see what's there?

I had checked open beta in config as I'm running open beta. I did just switch it to release following the resets and it's working now. So a result I think albeit with some odd DCS folder issues.

Again, thanks a million.

Fingers crossed I won't be back soon...

I had checked open beta in config as I'm running open beta. I did just switch it to release following the resets and it's working now. So a result I think albeit with some odd DCS folder issues.

Again, thanks a million.

Did you convert from stable to OB at some point - if so that will leave the DCS saved games folder named as for stable

I didn't convert no, I downloaded Open Beta and used my old saved games stable folder for the settings.
That would do it

Again, thanks a million.

Ah! That makes sense actually. So you're running OB and it points to your old Saved Games folder.

Hmmm, that's actually cool knowledge, because then the VAICOM settings works as inteded. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

This why I asked about that variant.txt because that's what it does, but I gather you do it differently.

Anyway, awesome you solved it!

Hate to be back pestering, but here we go. Everything works fine when I boot up DCS, but during the flight Viacom commands stop responding and the program seems to accumulate a huge delay. I get no confirmation beep or commands appearing in VA and it gets to the point where I keep trying commands and eventually, maybe 30-40 seconds later I get a beep and a string of gobbledegook commands in the VA window.

Hate to be back pestering, but here we go. Everything works fine when I boot up DCS, but during the flight Viacom commands stop responding and the program seems to accumulate a huge delay. I get no confirmation beep or commands appearing in VA and it gets to the point where I keep trying commands and eventually, maybe 30-40 seconds later I get a beep and a string of gobbledegook commands in the VA window.
Which aircraft or helicopter are you flying? I have experienced a similar issue in a few of them. When airborne using the SELECT command seems to trigger it. I will open a separate thread specific to this issue later