F16 RWR Sounds

I found a way to make this work reliably. Place the RWR sounds in your DCS SAVED GAMES folder at the following path;

...\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones

To be certain, you can also put the F/A-18 sounds in the folder;

...\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\FA-18\Cockpit\Tones

The F18 sounds can be found in your main DCS installation folder here;

...\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\FA-18\Cockpit\Tones

This will ensure that DCS "should" play the correct sounds for the correct aircraft.

Hadn't thought about that, good suggestion. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, thanks!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 5 weeks later...

Tyrants sound files no longer work for me with new update. Anyone else having this issue? If it’s working for someone can you tell me how?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Works for me. Just installed it with JSGME as normal.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Tyrants sound files no longer work for me with new update. Anyone else having this issue? If it’s working for someone can you tell me how?

Thanks

I never used Tyrant's mod, as placing the sound files in the main install dir also replaced my F-18 sounds. I don't know why, but whatever..

I made a mod of my own and placed the sounds in Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones\. Works fine.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

• 1 year later...
On 11/29/2019 at 12:02 AM, Harker said:

I never used Tyrant's mod, as placing the sound files in the main install dir also replaced my F-18 sounds. I don't know why, but whatever..

I made a mod of my own and placed the sounds in Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones\. Works fine.

Hi ! i'm trying to mod the F16 RWR with the BMS sounds , can't make it work. What files should be in /Tones ?  the .sdef or the .ogg ? 

6 hours ago, Tomy10 said:

Hi ! i'm trying to mod the F16 RWR with the BMS sounds , can't make it work. What files should be in /Tones ?  the .sdef or the .ogg ? 

Just the audio files. I used them in .wav format, but .ogg should work too. Keep in mind that right now, the F-16 only has certain sounds, such as "new contact", "status change", "lock" and "launch warning". It does not support the full threat audio library. You have to put your sounds there and make sure their names are the same as the names of the default files.

I don't know what the default names are (ED has since encrypted the Sounds folders), maybe someone else can help here. I stopped using the mod a while ago, since I don't really fly the Viper now (waiting until it's completed).

.sdef files deal with which audio file is used and how a sound is played, more or less.

-

14 hours ago, Harker said:

Just the audio files. I used them in .wav format, but .ogg should work too. Keep in mind that right now, the F-16 only has certain sounds, such as "new contact", "status change", "lock" and "launch warning". It does not support the full threat audio library. You have to put your sounds there and make sure their names are the same as the names of the default files.

I don't know what the default names are (ED has since encrypted the Sounds folders), maybe someone else can help here. I stopped using the mod a while ago, since I don't really fly the Viper now (waiting until it's completed).

.sdef files deal with which audio file is used and how a sound is played, more or less.

Ok thanks for the answer  ! 

Well if no library, no use of a full audio sounds, i'll keep the vanilla one 😕 hope we'll get one like in BMS some day 😄 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

...many years later

Did anyone ever figure out the new default names and folder structure of the RWR? I'm trying to make a mod too.

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5