Why do British fighter pilots

Never make movies?

USMC, USAF, USAFR, USN, MODERATED: French Navy . . . . . all have videos from pilots. Not the RAF, FAA or AAC.

(you get points for knowing what all the letters mean :p )

DON'T INSULT FOREIGNERS!

edit - Apologies for my comments - didn't mean them as an insult, was just poking fun.

and you don't... for this one... :)

:p

I'm British, it's part of my genetic makeup to occasionally poke fun at the French ;)

I can edit it to LFN if you like?

(edit - Google says the important bits of that would be something like "Aviation Embarquee et le Groupe des Porte-Avions", or "Aeronautique Navale" . . . . (I think the first bit might be the name for Navy Aviation headquarters). Or "AeroNavale", if you're being trendy and shortening things, it seems to be all the rage these days.

I learnt something new!)

Never make movies?

USMC, USAF, USAFR, USN, Le Frog Navy . . . . . all have videos from pilots. Not the RAF, FAA or AAC.

Are you talking about "Movies" as in .. dare I say Top Gun.. ;) or Documentaries?

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Never make movies?

United States Marine Corps, United States Air Force, United States Air Force Reserves, United States Navy, Le Frog Navy . . . . . all have videos from pilots. Not the Royal Air Force, Fleet Air Arm or Army Air Corps.

Fixed :D

How many points? :p

Are you talking about "Movies" as in .. dare I say Top Gun.. ;) or Documentaries?
Hehe... I think he means promotional videos, where they fly really low, do cool manuevers and blow stuff up ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Never make movies?

USMC, USAF, USAFR, USN, Le Frog Navy . . . . . all have videos from pilots. Not the RAF, FAA or AAC.

I have to agree with SEB(Tom) here ...

no points for you ...

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

Well I have discovery wings here in the UK and they do show about 2 or three programs a week on British military aviation. Lots of repeats but stuff like British Test pilots, A series following RAF recruits through the training program.. following a British training event like Red Flag with lots of low flying Harriers through valleys/ rocket attacks etc... I'm sure I've seen an Aim120 equipped Harrier too, which was part of the FAA. Anyway some cool footage.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I believe he means more of the 'home movie' type stuff, the not so official things the pilots make with possibly only psuedo-official sanction. 'Le Mirage du Tchad', 'Fou', Apache's vs Iraqi's etc. Or maybe I'm just reading between the lines with too high-powered a magnifying glass....and lets not all get our panties in a knot about froggy comments....

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

neg, its because we already know we are the best pilots in the world, we dont need no steeeeeeeeeeeenking video to prove it :p

similar to the SAS, you read about em, and normally regard them as the best of the best, but you never get to see any videos of em.

Having personally witnessed the enormous amounts of beer and port British flying officers usually drink after flying at the officers´ club, I´d say they DO record all sort of cool footage but don´t remember the next day and just overwrite it with recordings of their children playing in the garden...:icon_jook

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

neg, its because we already know we are the best pilots in the world, we dont need no steeeeeeeeeeeenking video to prove it :p

similar to the SAS, you read about em, and normally regard them as the best of the best, but you never get to see any videos of em.

That's English as i remember always pretending that they are the best.

The SAS may be good as you said but dont forget the French Foreign Legion, The RPIM , CEC, ect

and you won't they dont shoot video to make it public.

N-Rafale-1.jpg

The Rafale in all its splendour, a fabulous bird!

MSI-7025/Thermaltake Sviking Tower/550 PPU Antek/AMD 4200+ X2/1 Gig Ram Corsair XMS/ATI Radeon X800XT/20" LCD Samsung Syncmaster 204b/Zalman Headphone 6speakers/Saitek X52/Logitech double infrared/250HD 16megs SATA/80HD 8megs PATA

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
That's English as i remember always pretending that they are the best.

The SAS may be good as you said but dont forget the French Foreign Legion, The RPIM , CEC, ect

and you won't they dont shoot video to make it public.

me are glad you said english, so i wasnt just dreaming that scotland was the only country who thought English people think they are the best at everything, they still think the 1966 worldcup was like 2 years ago...:rolleyes:

and what is " and you wont they dont shoot video to make public" mean ?

ok i got the end part, but i am slightly confused by this " and you wont they dont " what does that mean ?

in the context of that sentence, it doesnt make sense.

My guess is that, being the inventors of crazy low-altitude flight, the British pilots have already gotten a roasting from top-brass for doing it in public. With the result that they're still at it, just not for everyone to see ;)

Tornado pilots are now actually flying underground through subways and sewers in order to stay edgy. :tongue:

Guest IguanaKing
me are glad you said english, so i wasnt just dreaming that scotland was the only country who thought English people think they are the best at everything, they still think the 1966 worldcup was like 2 years ago...

Amen to that. Tovan, don't EVER confuse the two...even this American of Scottish descent knows that. ;)

Originally Posted by EVIL-SCOTSMAN

neg, its because we already know we are the best pilots in the world, we dont need no steeeeeeeeeeeenking video to prove it

similar to the SAS, you read about em, and normally regard them as the best of the best, but you never get to see any videos of em

and what is " and you wont they dont shoot video to make public" mean ?

ok i got the end part, but i am slightly confused by this " and you wont they dont " what does that mean ?

in the context of that sentence, it doesnt make sense.

In the context it mean that you wont see any video at all because they are not intented for public appearance.

N-Rafale-1.jpg

MSI-7025/Thermaltake Sviking Tower/550 PPU Antek/AMD 4200+ X2/1 Gig Ram Corsair XMS/ATI Radeon X800XT/20" LCD Samsung Syncmaster 204b/Zalman Headphone 6speakers/Saitek X52/Logitech double infrared/250HD 16megs SATA/80HD 8megs PATA

Amen to that. Tovan, don't EVER confuse the two...even this American of Scottish descent knows that. ;)

I'm not confuse at all, just pointing that what i said is true ,and by no means i was refering the Term ENGLISH to him. I know he's Scotland descent and that's why i said English for England.

have a nice day.

N-Rafale-1.jpg

To britgliderpilot

I'm British, it's part of my genetic makeup to occasionally poke fun at the French

Greeting...

I must correct you on certain points. First off, Your Genetic contain French blood. England was conquered by Guillaume of Normandie in 1066. The Hasting battle prove to be a failure to your vaunt heritage(Anglo-Saxon). Most of English lord had French origin after that and your English language roots was altered and modified with French language.

Don't mock up the French because they do won most battle than England and UK together + they have done this all the way alone most of the time not like you hiding behind powerful allies. :icon_roll

rafale_7s.jpg

A true cockpit! Best in the World!

Terrain Terrain, Pull Up! Terrain Terrain, Pull Up!

no it's just : pull up! pull up! there is no Terrain like you said, only altitude altitude.

N-Rafale-1.jpg