ADJUST CONTROLS red lines despite clean install

I performed an DCS_Updater.exe repair to ensure main folder is clean and deleted Saved Games. This is equivalent to a clean new install. Yet, I still get redded out lines in ADJUST CONTROLS screen. This for multiple planes like I-16, Bf109 and TF-51D & P-51D.

In TF-51D it's Horizon Cage and Rear warning radar Test. Borrowing (stealing from MudSpike) an old UNRELATED image to make clear what I'm talking about. Can someone confirm? I don't feel like doing a complete reinstall to verify.

1c0be5f040af67156c7eeb6c4db905200db0052a.jpg

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

DCS will do default settings for the controllers. deleting saved games only removes customized settings. have you tried to export each controller and then clear the current settings then import or reset to what you like? most planes have profiles in user files posted on DCS site to use. i looked at my T-51 mappings and there were two red spots. i cleared that control and then reset right back to what it was and the red is not longer appearing. that will be a faster method.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=70&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=85&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Edited by silverdevil
included filtered link to profiles for P-51D

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

DCS will do default settings for the controllers. deleting saved games only removes customized settings.

Yes, of course.

But I really don't get why I get red lines in a clean install??? That just shouldn't happen.

i cleared that control and then reset right back to what it was and the red is not longer appearing. that will be a faster method.

I created yet another new Saved Games.

Red lines for TF-51D Horizon Cage.

Did CLEAR, exited, restarted, programmed it's default LShift-V.

Got red line again???

But regardless, I should never ever see red lines with a clean install. Right?

I used DCS_Updater.exe repair to make main folder "clean". Maybe this doesn't clean everything. I REALLY don't feel like a complete delete / reinstall. Maybe if I delete all controller files in main folder and then make a DCS_Updater.exe repair to reinstall only the right ones?

These main folder files borrowing a picture:

unknown.png

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

So deleted TF-51D main folder controller files. Ie everything under:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\TF-51D\Input
ie

TF-51D

TF-51D_easy

Did DCS_Updater.exe repair again and watched them being recreated.

Still getting red lines.

Next step delete DCS completely and reinstall ...

I don't know what else I can do?

what stick do you have? the "diff" files indicate differences to the default. before today i had never been in the TF-51 controls and it had red so i believe many times you will get red zones. i dont know why. i have a T.16000M system and i have spent a bunch of time getting my controls right. i think it is a given that what can go wrong will go wrong. i just always have to modify what i was given.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

TM Warthog joystick and throttle. MFG Crosswind pedals.

What I'm looking for is: Is it just me or is it everyone? Can you get rid of the red lines if you use the default bindings?

I can get rid of them if I bind another key (like "H" for "Horizon Cage", instead of default LShift-V).

But that's not the point. Point is, it should not be red with a clean install. Red indicates bindings are messed up in some way. Duplicated I think.

Edited by -0303-

Next step delete DCS completely and reinstall ...

I don't know what else I can do?

There is a bug on the default keys of the UI Layer ... check these two lines and change them onto another key combinations. That will eliminate the conflict:

xPIWcVx.jpg

Best regards.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

LShift-V, that tracks.

Thanks, I'll try that ... tomorrow. I'll go to sleep pretending this is the fix, so I don't get too aggravated if it doesn't work.:music_whistling:

Hmmm... I've been using UI Layer LShift-R for years so this conflict must've been introduced in the TF-51D menu.

Edited by -0303-

There is a bug on the default keys of the UI Layer ... check these two lines and change them onto another key combinations. That will eliminate the conflict:

xPIWcVx.jpg

Best regards.

Eduardo

this should be a sticky. i had no idea this section even existed.

Removed LShift R and LShift V from UI Layer. Red lines in P-51D are gone but only after game restart.

Reprogramming LShift V to UI Layer does not give a warning of conflict. Red line reappear but only after game restart. Looks like there are 3 simultaneous active layers for any plane. For P-51D:

-P-51D

-UI Layer

-General

General shows two red lines "BDA show/hide" (RAlt + ') and "Chat show/hide" (LCtrl + LShift + Y). Conflict is between UI Layer & General.

Plane layer (P-51D) seems to be last layer scanned. Meaning bound key function doesn't activate. Seems binding same keys between any two layers does not give a warning of conflict.

Ok, what to make of that?

It would be good if warning was given when binding same keys to two layers. Now, red lines will be noticed only after game restart and a guessing game of "what did I bind last?" begins. Though plane layer bind conflict would be discovered by not working.

Edited by -0303-

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of conflicts in lots of planes.

Not a big deal once you know what it is. Does not inhibit any functionality besides the key bindings and this can be fixed when you know what is going on.