RWR notification ridiculous

chief

literally 0.5 seconds notication on my F18 rwr before the missile hits me. I am no pro, but I can pretty much 99% sya that is far from accurate. Do the math and that is a missile that goes active probably a couple hundred metres away from me.

We haven't receive any report that the missile activation has any problem yet.

Plz attach TRK or ACMI for further investigation. Thank U.

And do note that RWR has a vertical receiving angle limitation, if the missile is coming outside the receiving angle(ie. your plane is rolling / you bank 90deg& pull hard or something like that), there won't be any alert.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

RWR definitely has a problem.

Flying online last night, it was pretty much blind to all emitters.

I had an SA-6 lock me up and fire at me. It's only because I was looking in that direction that I saw it. Nothing on the RWR at all.

I had other instances where I had the aural alert "TRACKING" but no missile launch warning or anything on RWR to suggest I'd been locked up.

It's unreliable at best.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Hornet, I find the aim54 WAY WAY better to detect in the F18 than the SD10. The SD10 literally at BEST gives 2-3 seconds warning. I cant bother doing that track thing to prove it does it. Come into DDCS server and you'll have the whole team agreeing with me on this one. Trust me, its broken

Hornet, I find the aim54 WAY WAY better to detect in the F18 than the SD10. The SD10 literally at BEST gives 2-3 seconds warning. I cant bother doing that track thing to prove it does it. Come into DDCS server and you'll have the whole team agreeing with me on this one. Trust me, its broken

I've been thinking about this.

What range was it fired at?

Did the launch platform maintain lock the whole time?

TWS or RWS?

If TWS, DTT or STT mode?

If a missile is fired close enough and the launch platform maintains lock (thus datalink with the missile) it won't go active until the terminal phase. I know they use proxy fuses for detonation, but maybe it uses the onboard seeker for a last moment correction at max g to pull into the target?

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

My friend and I have had such issue(ever since the RWR broke) against the phoenix too, sometimes all we hear is one quick missile warning then we exploded in like 1 sec later.

We just assumed it's due to the bugged RWR tho.

Edited by Lymark

My friend and I have had such issue(ever since the RWR broke) against the phoenix too, sometimes all we hear is one quick missile warning then we exploded in like 1 sec later.

We just assumed it's due to the bugged RWR tho.

Its seems its not the RWR of the JF-17, as that happens with other aircraft and the AIM-54, too. The F-14 does not even produce a track warning most of the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is jf17 forum right? Just making sure.

Yes, that's why this thread is about the SD-10 and its radar emissions.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, that's why this thread is about the SD-10 and its radar emissions.

Oh, that opening post was about the SD-10?! Reading through it multiple times, I was rather sure it was about a Hornet and JF-17 RWR comparison. But it generally is hard to read anyway.

A bit more on topic, there seems to be a lot wrong with Fox 3 RWR in MP currently.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This thread should probably be in the Hornet section not here.

My understanding from the first post: the issue is that the Hornet RWR gives very late pitbull warning for the SD-10. I've also experienced this, getting splashed with little warning, but assumed it was just me not paying attention. I dubt there's a bug, if the SD-10 just pitbulls very late, you should be defending way sooner than that anyway. The indication is there for sure.

The other issue is JF-17 and SD-10 show as "U" on the Hornet RWR, which is annoying and makes defensive mistakes more likely. Again... Hornet problem, nothing for Deka to do here.

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

i'm one of those people - i've noticed the same behaviour against 120 c's in all my modules or even against 54's, it's intermittent and since it's already reported to bignewy i'm not all that fussed. People have been reporting rwr issues about every module with every missile combination lately - check Coxy's thread for example

without a tacview file nobody can tell what's going on

a good test would be to get an f18 side by side with a jf17, headed towards another pair of f18/jf17's and lob an aim120c at the same time you lob an sd-10, straight at them in mad dog mode

even when i'm looking at my own tracks, whenever i "think" i got a late warning (i'm not recording videos of my flights so can't tell for sure), i'm never sure if it's an actual dcs issue or not as based on heatblur's analysis of how rwr's work there's all sorts of factors like radar strength, angle of approach, altitude of approaching missile, existing radar noise, when and under which conditions the missile would turn on it's radar etc etc :confused:

another thing to note: if you get shot at close range, a missile might be doing 2-2.5K kts. That's 4.2K ft/sec or 1.3Km/sec

Calling it broken while not providing any supporting documents for the developers to look at does not really help. Just saying it does not work and to trust you wont help them pinpoint the problem.

On onther note, it is like everyone else have said, the RWR in MP is not the most reliable thing right now. They mess up with a lot of modules. The SD-10 uses same missile API which other ED modules use so if there is a problem with one missile, it is likely present in others as well.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

the rwr's are busted in multiplayer for pretty much every aircraft. ED is looking into it

e.g.: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4155871#post4155871

[ATTACH]224543[/ATTACH]

Well that explains alot. I've been getting killed by every missile out there be it in the Jeff, F14, F18. Sometimes I do get the warnings other times boom. Which I thought was just my crappy flying and SA (Aside from the Jeff).

As an aside I just had F18's ditch SD10's on three separate occasions and I have Tacview files of that so its not a problem for some people sometimes. (I also dodged a AIM120's, just not enough of them :) and accidently dodged into one too cuz I didn't see the guy that shot it at me on the SA display)

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

RWR definitely has a problem.

Flying online last night, it was pretty much blind to all emitters.

I had an SA-6 lock me up and fire at me. It's only because I was looking in that direction that I saw it. Nothing on the RWR at all.

I had other instances where I had the aural alert "TRACKING" but no missile launch warning or anything on RWR to suggest I'd been locked up.

It's unreliable at best.

U are talking a complet different topic, JF17 RWR issue has been reported quite a few days ago, and has already been fixed internally, just waiting for an update window.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

The JF17 in multiplayer and its associated rwr is definitely not functioning adequately - which they recognize in their release notes - its not so much a wider ED issues for online multiplayer issue its JF17 specific.

I fly in a very competitive pvp server which is not designed for new players learning modules to be fair and their is a genuine difference between the hornet, F14, harrier etc which all seem to function correctly. I can confirm the JF17 gives little or no warning both in terms of A2A environment and A2G.

There seems to be some hostility towards the OP post, which i don't understand purely raising a genuine issue and would suggest if your finding the rwr currently suitable then your playing in less demanding IAD theatres/ A2A environment. Deka have done a great job with the JF11 and its only been out a month that said this does definitely need's looking at urgently, for many its the top priority - my current preference is to take a harrier if ground striking over the JF17 as that way at least i get genuine rwr spikes and can react accordingly. Its a shame really as just this one issue is preventing its full application.

But - great job Deka, look forward to your next module once you finish the JF17.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

I'm not sure the thread fit in Deka forum if the problem related to Hornet RWR.

AFAIK never had that problem. Horner RWR seem fine with active, semi active missiles.

Late warning could be caused by the shooter shot at close range in maddog. I usually do that and have good result. Just a guess.

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I'm not sure the thread fit in Deka forum if the problem related to Hornet RWR.

AFAIK never had that problem. Horner RWR seem fine with active, semi active missiles.

Late warning could be caused by the shooter shot at close range in maddog. I usually do that and have good result. Just a guess.

Yeah, I think this is one of those cases of people "Training wrong" based on the old behavior of the sim (which was realistic but incomplete) and when the realism of TWS hits them in the face they think something is broken.

The reason TWS is so powerful is that you get almost no warning. You get the standard nails on the RWR like you were used to pre TWS, but you get 0 warning like you used on a STT launch. You do might get a warning when the missile goes active, and at that point its a few seconds away at best. So the SD 10 is working fine and the hornet RWR is working fine. Basically the old-way was Get nails, get STT lock warning, sit around with a thumb up your butt while you shot off a missile in reply, then maybe do some cranking and finally go defensive. The -new- way is if you get the missile warning and you aren't already defensive before you get it, you're probably gonna die even you go defensive the instant you get it. Better git gud at reading the tactical situation.

The issue with the Jeff RWR is that you don't even see the nails half the time, or get STT launch warnings reliably. Both of those work just fine in the hornet. And I spent a fair amount of time online last week in the hornet dodging both Aim120's and SD10's in a hornet with no unexpected issues.

TLDR. Its not an F18 or SD10 problems, its an F18 player problem.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The JF17 in multiplayer and its associated rwr is definitely not functioning adequately - which they recognize in their release notes - its not so much a wider ED issues for online multiplayer issue its JF17 specific.

I fly in a very competitive pvp server which is not designed for new players learning modules to be fair and their is a genuine difference between the hornet, F14, harrier etc which all seem to function correctly. I can confirm the JF17 gives little or no warning both in terms of A2A environment and A2G.

There seems to be some hostility towards the OP post, which i don't understand purely raising a genuine issue and would suggest if your finding the rwr currently suitable then your playing in less demanding IAD theatres/ A2A environment. Deka have done a great job with the JF11 and its only been out a month that said this does definitely need's looking at urgently, for many its the top priority - my current preference is to take a harrier if ground striking over the JF17 as that way at least i get genuine rwr spikes and can react accordingly. Its a shame really as just this one issue is preventing its full application.

But - great job Deka, look forward to your next module once you finish the JF17.

Spot on. Aside from the harrier preference, the JF17 is my favourite SEAD/Strike/CAS ride at the moment. For A/A it really needs the RWR and datalink fixed but I do ok there too.

I'm wrecking face even with the current Jeff rwr in any server that doesn't have f14 on the other side XD. Why is that plane so much better than its modern replacements? Stupid maverick with Ethan hunt as his hacker Rio. XD

Edited by shaHeen-1