Brake Axis

yoshama

Will the SU25s get axis's for brakes any time soon? it's weird not being able to use my rudder pedals for the brakes on only this aircraft. is there a reason the real aircraft doesn't use an axis type control?

• Like 2

Best Complement: "You fly like a Psychotic 5 year old" :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is there a reason the real aircraft doesn't use an axis type control?

The real one does have analog lever on the stick for wheel brakes but not on the pedals.

Edit: Just repeating info... see #7.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I deleted my first message because I thought we were talking about the MiG-29. The Su-25 uses the pedals for braking. There is no brake on the stick. The lack of brake pedals in the control menu is an "unimplemented feature".

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Wish I did have a manual! My statement above is based on a long distant memory of conversations from the LOMAC 1.x days. So I could be wrong. But I have also yet to see a photo or video showing a hand brake on any Su-25 stick. Not conclusive, though, so I reserve the right to be wrong.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

But I have also yet to see a photo or video showing a hand brake on any Su-25 stick.
Unfortunately I cannot find such lever either.

yoshama: If you have a software for the pedals you can probably program it to translate 50% pedal axis move into key pressed action.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

So what about the Mig29 ? The Mig21 ?

Those two have also brakes on the stick and you can still bind your pedal axis.

By all means that should be an option here too.

• 3 months later...

It seems there are no plans to bring this plane to the same level of functionality with the rest of FC3 planes. 

The Mig-29 and the Su-27 both have proportional braking and nose wheel steering on/off options enabled, I don’t know why the Su-25 pulled the short stick but it is such a shame really.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just a friendly bump.

As I checked, Su-25 is the only FC3 aircraft without the possibility to bind axis as wheel brake input. What a shame.

I don't care about visual representation in cockpit. Just add the option to bind it and use it.

Edited by Jascha
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been wandering the same thing for well over a year... for Su-25 and Su-25T. There seems to be no lever on a stick, is it using pedals (two axes)? But even one axis would be much better than now, I constantly need to remind myself "this plane has no brake axis!" and use a different button than for all other FC3 planes.

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube