What percentage of DCS Pilots can Reliably Air Refuel at least one Airframe?

CBenson89

I've gotten the -18 connected a couple times, but it doesn't stay connected for more than a couple hundred pounds. I've narrowed this down to a pretty significant bug in the stick actuation code.

DCS should get right on that.

I don't think ED can do anything about an issue between the user and the hardware:megalol:

I've gotten the -18 connected a couple times, but it doesn't stay connected for more than a couple hundred pounds. I've narrowed this down to a pretty significant bug in the stick actuation code.

DCS should get right on that.

It's all about exercise... :)

Screen_200920_141635.thumb.png.8be7bc26277bd04770e7105c211a2302.png

Gruß / Greetings

Corsi

It's all about exercise... :)

Oh, sure! All that PIO is MY fault now! Blame the victim! :music_whistling: :joystick: :pilotfly:

This is on my short list of skills to develop. I find the better I am at hovering and traps and AAR the better I am at everything else, too. You'd think it's all related or something.

Oh, sure! All that PIO is MY fault now! Blame the victim! :music_whistling: :joystick: :pilotfly:

This is on my short list of skills to develop. I find the better I am at hovering and traps and AAR the better I am at everything else, too. You'd think it's all related or something.

what do you want to hear? i had similar problems and i got it... with exercise and a litte bit configuration of my stick... deadlock and sensitivity...

i did not blame you...

I'm sorry I didn't give the answer you wanted to hear ;)

Gruß / Greetings

Corsi

It was tough in the beginning, but eventually I learned to refuel almost every "refuelable" airframe - A10A (I don't have the C), AV8B, F-14, F15, F16, F18, Su-33. The only one that I haven't refueled successfully yet is the Mirage: Tried one time, didn't work, never tried again. I should give it a try again at some point though I don't fly the Mirage much.

Edited by Doc3908

I have no trouble in the F16. It would be easier if the lights on the tanker were brighter. In VR they are nearly impossible to see.

The wingtip and tail lights are plenty bright enough...too bad that same logic didn't apply on the lights that matter.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

yeah how do you even hit wake turb unless you're literally trying to

like everything aar related is well out of the way of the wake

anyways dumb thread that will self select for biased responses

most people who care but cant aar arent gonna out themselves, and the rest who simply dont care about aar probably care even less about responding

its a truth tho

you do more of a disservice to a community by not weeding out people who can't handle the truth

besides most of the people who are too scared to play multiplayer can't be convinced regardless because they're just inherently cowardly people who crumple the moment they get shot down by anything whether its a pixel missile or some strong words

not saying theres anything wrong with that, whats wrong is trying to force others to 'help' people who can't help themselves

being scared of facing other people is their own issue, not everyone else's.

so back to the point yeah tons of people suck at formation flying because they never feel like putting in the time and effort to, because there is such a culture of low effortism created by too many people scared to death of 'losing recruits'. if you want to change that norm then you gotta be able to create an environment where people aspire to do better. being better doesnt come without its pains so you cant be scared of a few tears.

i take issue with the assumption in the first place that a game is something that is a 'try and hook' thing. that is literally an admission that a video game is transgressing from entertainment to a mental drug. of course its a big thing these days and its how the really successful games succeed without actually providing anything substantial, but that doesn't make it right.

I Actually take a fair amount of offence to your coments about people being to scared to out themsleves or get shot down by another.. (MP)

Yeah I have been an avid fan of DCS since 2014ish..

I started flying Online as soon as I found out that there was such an ability to do so..

I have over the years a few hours in every frame I own and I own every NATO jet.. all the HELO's and terrains..

Not for the lack of trying I'm just getting back to AAR now..

not because I have never tried.. or because I have crappy gear..

when I first started with DCS I was Refueling in the F15 within a short time..

however I now could not AAR F-15 if my life depended on it.. Sure I could relearn the skill..

I can only just get it in the F-18 (full tank a few times) and I can get it a bit inthe f-16.

My main reason and I know this to be the case, is that I get aproximatly 4 weeks in total per year these days to spend flying.. and this is like 3-5 days in a row.. not on 1 block.. I do get a little more now with covid but I"ve been away for the last 3 weeks and have 2 weeks ISO to go through.. and I'll get maybe a week if I'm lucky.. I"m part of a crew of guys that fly and I"m also heavily into creating missions.. and running a server..

so the time it takes to get back in the saddle is spent get upto speed with what changed in the Module and what I have forgotten, and on more than one occasion reinstalling Windows and DCS becaseu of whatever reason ... but its happened.. like the night that Syria was release I had updated the Drivers after being away only to get a bad download of dvideo crivers and not beleiving they could be the problem looked at all the other stuff.. to the popint of going back to the begining.. and starting fromscratch.

So.. my point is yeah I love the proceedures and I love flying formation.. I"m not perfect at it.. but I love it all the same .. I enjoy the level of effort required to AAR .. and aploud those that can do it with easy, thats great ....

I'm not going to stop flying MP I only fly MP unless I'm testing something and I"M flying MP there too! be it alone..

so yeah I can BUT I suck at it.. and I need to work on it to get it done my reflexes suck and my mussle memory is retrained every time I go to work as what I do requires very simular mussle skills ..

I guess what I"m saying is I enjoy flying online with real people so much so that I tend to spend more time engauging in group flights then practicing my skills .. I spend a lot of time reading the manualls and watching the YT on how to.. so that I'm upto speed with whats goin on the sim I love. so that when I get home I can jump into my sim and go get shot down or maybe even shoot someone down.. and if I my US based buddies are not online I can jump onto my server or other Aussie based server and fly with locals or even take on the AI defences on my server that I might add are all set to Vetrain skill level all by myself and have a ball doing so.. I dont get scaredif a Real person jumps into the RED slots and come try to kill me.. I love it..

Bring it on I say..

Oh yeah I"m Visually Challenged too.. my eye sight not what it used to be.. but thats my problem not the other pilot to worry about..

• Like 1

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

I was finally able to do AAR of a group with 2×F-14Bs on a short race track without disconnecting, spending several months. :joystick: :furious: :crash: :D

Now I have shared the key points of AAR and how to learn AAR in this thread.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=286513

It will help those who are stuck in AAR :beer:

Edited by Fuujin
fix typo

Couldn't AAR when I only played single player but I never really needed to so I never practiced much. Now I play a lot of multiplayer where AAR is normal in a mission and general formation flying is fairly common as well and can now AAR with hornet and harrier fairly easily.

I Actually take a fair amount of offence to your coments..

Dont bother, some people just don't develop the social skills to become a fully functioning adult and communicate in constructive ways. Best ignored.

Once you "Get it" its a little like riding a bike. It just clicks.

Man, i started in the Warthog. And it frustrated me damn near to crying. Grown man crying. (yall think im joking)

Once i got it. I understood i had to make stick movements before i needed them. I could get to the boom everysingle time. never again did i chase the boom. After practicing that, i finally "got it" in regard to the throttle. (i use the airbrakes in the a10). Now it still, makes your palms sweat, but you know how to nail it.

I can over shoot the tanker now in the Harrier, and flip around, bleed off enough speed, and level out right behind the tanker. If i havent flown for a while you are talking about 5 minutes to nail the basket but it happens.

Mirage was the hardest for me. Because its FBW corrects your movements. So you have to learn move stick before you need it. throttle before you need it. and over/under steer to beat FBW. Once you realize the trick.. over and over.

Stick with it. till you fill once, youll be able to do it every time after that.

Oh I know there a riding a bike thing,, the more I do itthe easier it gets.. but I get tthere and then I'm off for a long time again then I return and have to chase the end of my tail again till I fall in the that sweet spot again...

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Biking practice will often be in childhood.

Humans remember the experiences they learned in childhood for a long time.

Due to the limited amount of memory that humans want to use immediately, the experiences learned in adulthood are forgotten in order of less importance.

If you want to consider it important forever, practice regularly.

It is also done in the real life of the military.

Carrier landing, for example, continues to be trained at ground bases while the carrier is under maintenance.

However, if we have a reference point that can be verbalized without relying on your senses, we will be able to refer to it and reproduce it.

The reason athletes fall into a slump is that they just do it sensuously, they can't verbalize it, so they can't reproduce it when they're upset.

New to DCS

I’m new, a fresh rookie. Last time I did a sim was Advanced Tactical Fighters. Lost interest but picked it back up having to stay at home too much, TV sucks! Anyway I have only been flying a few weeks, and I have a garbage stick. Can find a good hotas. Been trying mid air refueling but can’t seem to get it yet. I like to blame it on the flight stick but then I try it again. I will get it soon, getting better at landing on the carrier. I won’t go on multiplayer until I get a little better, don’t want to embarrass myself. :thumbup:

Once you "Get it" its a little like riding a bike. It just clicks.

Man, i started in the Warthog. And it frustrated me damn near to crying. Grown man crying. (yall think im joking)

Once i got it. I understood i had to make stick movements before i needed them. I could get to the boom everysingle time. never again did i chase the boom.....

This is very true. You gotta get ahead of the stick and throttle and get a feel for it.

Oh I know there a riding a bike thing,, the more I do itthe easier it gets.. but I get tthere and then I'm off for a long time again then I return and have to chase the end of my tail again till I fall in the that sweet spot again...

I know the feeling, same here, i've been out the sim almost a year, i was able to refuel the Hornet right hand on the stick and left hand on a beer, now it takes me quite a few tries... well maybe some changes also occured since that time... :joystick:

I’m new, a fresh rookie. Last time I did a sim was Advanced Tactical Fighters. Lost interest but picked it back up having to stay at home too much, TV sucks! Anyway I have only been flying a few weeks, and I have a garbage stick. Can find a good hotas. Been trying mid air refueling but can’t seem to get it yet. I like to blame it on the flight stick but then I try it again. I will get it soon, getting better at landing on the carrier. I won’t go on multiplayer until I get a little better, don’t want to embarrass myself. thumbup.gif

You have an Helmet on, no one will recognize you, don't worry. :P pilotfly.gif