SA and wingmen

Adam

Hi,

Sorry for such a noob question but this has been grating at me and I can't seem to figure it out.

Sometimes when I'm in game I can see my wingmen on the SA page. There is a 'B' or a 'C' inside the circle so I know which planes are my group, and which ones aren't.

Other times the SA only shows the circle, but no 'B' or 'C' symbol. There's obviously something I'm missing or not turning on but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

Just wondering if someone can please advise how I get the 'B' and 'C' to show for my wingmen in the SA page please?

Thanks

Adam

it has to do with the mission editor

when the guy that made the mission if all the jets are in the same group then they get a letter in the circle

example if there is 1 group with 4 jets in it then every one gets a letter

if there are 4 groups with only 1 jet in it no one gets a letter

• Thanks 1

it has to do with the mission editor

when the guy that made the mission if all the jets are in the same group then they get a letter in the circle

example if there is 1 group with 4 jets in it then every one gets a letter

if there are 4 groups with only 1 jet in it no one gets a letter

Oh - that's it? I've been tearing my head out trying to figure out what I've been doing wrong. Thank you!

as of now that is the only way to get the group assigned

one of the DDI pages might let you set you group manually but that is not implemented yet

That would be handy - will have to wait for it to come out. Thanks again!

Don't think that's ever coming out. We will need to wait for AMU for that ability afaik.

I remember that Wags said they weren't going to fully model the datalink interface in detail, unfortunately. Normally, you can set up your network using the UFC D/L button and changing the different channels, as well as using the MIDS page, but AFAIK, none of the UFC options change anything (AIC, F/F1, F/F2, VOCA, VOCB) in DCS, save for VOCA and VOCB which can be used in SRS (pretty amazing, that).

Also makes me wonder what exactly we are supposed to do with the MIDS page in DCS. I tried messing with the network time and date and nothing changed or got messed up on my datalink.

Is this also the reason why one mission doesn't have the enemy planes show up in the F10 map view like every other mission?

No that's up to the mission creator, they can implement different view settings for the F10 map, from nothing visible at all (even your own aircraft) all the way to every unit visible, from all coalitions.

• Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Is this also the reason why one mission doesn't have the enemy planes show up in the F10 map view like every other mission?

In ME go to Customize on the top bar, select Mission Options, and set F10 View as you desire.

Personally i use Allies Only and with Hidden Units, it gives another level to the missions. You must rely only in your instruments.

Well, enjoy :)

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.