TPOD effect on weapons release real world white paper.

DmitriKozlowsky

This is fascinating...

TLDR: The airflow around the tpod, especially when mounted on the chin station, produces a shockwave effect approaching mach 1. This interacts with the tail fins of precision munitions, and disrupts their release trajectory.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

There are many of these interesting thesis about military aviation that should be simulated in DCS. Like this, how things starts to go little odd.

Little while ago thumbled to thesis about JHMCS inaccuracies for ground targeting and target tracking in air to air mode, as well eye strain from its use by how much it lags behind user head movement.

These things doesn't come around often in DCS kind simulation, that simulates now about "by the book" in strictly manner, but nothing about the inaccuracies for targeting, tracking, spotting, stabilizations or like in this case releasing a munition.

Like how much does this really affect case of release if it is at Mach 1, when Hornet example can't reach Mach 1 in A-G loadout (2X AMRAAM 2X sidewinder and 2-4x GBU-12)?

How much is the inaccuracy considering if it is Mk.82 vs GBU-12 release? Can the GBU-12 have trouble finding spot or something?

As one thing that annoys me in DCS is how instantly seekers spot laser/radar like no reliability issues or times to go on.

So this could be a problem in some cases?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.