Neural network fun with DCS

A 4000 or 5000 word tirade (post #29) never sustained a troll for long. Might I suggest your next entry be about 250,000 words to fully document my deficiencies? :lol:

He documented your deficiencies better than anyone else could. And, frankly, he's much more convincing than you are. Especially since you have zero understanding of open-source. I have no clue about neural networks but it's pretty obvious you don't understand how code development works.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Whatya know, my paycheck arrived on the first of the month as it always does,....
Whatever floats your boat!

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

@The_LT hopefully you know at least a little more about neural networks than before? :)
You did a great job and I am already reading into the subject. Thanks a lot, Someone. Much appreciated.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

• 2 months later...

Interesting read. I have no credentials or experience in AI or neural nets.

I went line by line through both posts. I found them engaging; however, I am aware just through raw curiosity and poking around that AI or neural nets (hope I said that right, because I am not an expert) run on GPU's not CPU's.

The reason eludes me now, but when I read it, it made perfect sense.

Great read, enjoyed it.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

++1

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

He documented your deficiencies better than anyone else could. And, frankly, he's much more convincing than you are. Especially since you have zero understanding of open-source. I have no clue about neural networks but it's pretty obvious you don't understand how code development works.

Totally not touching the neural networks thing, or anything to do with machine learning lol, but i'll comment on open source.

In spirit I agree that open-source is a benefit to humanity - however in practice I see different things, especially as relates to open source hardware development and manufacturing.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I've got just a teensy little narrow world view here!

The results of open source hardware, in my limited experience, usually rewards the lowest cost manufacturer. This in turn usually incentivizes cut corners with regard to QA, worker safety, and ultimately human rights. It seems to me that the baseline to finding efficiencies and cost savings in the world of production ultimately comes down to these things, and with open source development - the "race to the bottom" is greatly accelerated.

So, in my view, while I do love the concept of open-source in generally, there are certainly some unintended consequences!

@Dirt_Merchant

100% agree that there are instances where the open source software has produced less than desirable outcomes (although I do think that net-net, it has been an extremely good thing). My only point here was just to describe the world as it is, and to point out that the manner in which @Aurelius was discussing software development deviated so far from normal practice as to not be plausible.

It's also likely that a reasonable persons view on such things will vary with the area of software in which they work. At least in my field, the open source tools that we use (neural network primitives/linear algebra libraries) have probably a smaller impact on the issues you raise.

I'd expect that, in a different field where the software in question is closer to product. my statement would be much less true.

At the same time, having just written the preceding paragraph, ML enabled social control tools in China might provide a good counterargument... :).

To those following along: do you find the above compelling?
Not really, no. But it is hilarious to see him go downhill from Neural Networks to LOOOOL. :)

Probably ran out of ammo.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Ahh, The LT, wondering when you would make an appearance.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Even less compelling, I am afraid. I am sorry.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

100 authors against Einstein:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_theory_of_relativity

Because if one is wrong, surely the help of some buddies (that are actually yourself) will justify your case. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

(I am only gonna use my pinky on ya Someone, ... cause my middle finger, .... much too powerful.)

As powerful as Einstein's? Oh my...

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Why not Someone, .... urhh, ... I mean LT.
Wait... Did you just imply that I and Someone are the same person? :)

If that's the case, I don't have any beef with you personally. Easy to check my post history to see I ain't him. Nope.

But I do vaguely remember you posting about an SLI solution fir DCS which you didn't come through on. Not that big of a deal though.

Edited by The LT

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

You claim you are a machine learning guru, I would suppose the implication would be clear, but to help you out, I will take the pressure off my pinky for a moment, so you can get up and dust yourself off.
Now I am just confused. I will pretend this is directed at Someone.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

It's okay, take time to compose your next witticism....
Seriously, check my forum post history. I swear I am not him. English isn't even my native language. JFYI, it's tapatalk app sending pushes about the threads you participated in that prompts quick replies.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Now .... would be a good time for him to appear again :)

(Sleeping is a thing we do here in North America)

Well, it's 2 pm here. Let's wait till he replies, then. I am sure it will be something witty, I just don't have the language skills to come up with anything other than "this is ridiculous".

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

On a different note.

I think Enders Game is a little ways off.

Especially in a real conflict where satellites would be shot down and lots of jamming going on.

That would be a real problem with drones unless fully autonomous. That sounds even worse if hacked.

Mover's latest vid

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

The only thing I am worried about is that this thread is going to get cleaned up before Someone gets back here to read it. Also, no clue about that cryptic latin stuff, I am sorry. Way out of my league.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Yes, you are ... way ... out of your league. Would you like a break from my pinky? Time to cry Uncle yet?
Not really. I'll dig in till the cavalry arrives. I am sure it will be even more hilarious than it is now. :)

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

(Remember when you get tired of being pinned down, .... that you are the one who began this.)
I am glad I did, frankly. And flattered, too.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Google not working for ya LT? Where is your fighting spirit Decker? My joke still stands .....
Didn't get the joke, sorry. Again, check my profile post history, I am Russian, ffs. :)

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

No squad mates yet awake to help you out yet?
My squad mates are even worse at English than I am, unfortunately.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat