So which textures you like better? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #21
some1+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Anyhow, well those tend to be hangar queens, believe me. Whenever a country only owns a handful of aircraft and furthermore they are a late model hardly earned (as a bribe, well) high performance model like those were they are hangar queens and tend to be highly cared for sure. It happened in many countries. I mean, Swiss even has early export Emils examples in pristine condition at a museum mate…
I don't think so, not when there is a war raging on around. AFAIK Switzerland has ONE Emil left in the museum and it has been restored, so it's not a representation of a typical wartime use.

Back to the 109K, they could fly several sorties a day only when there were enough fuel and pilots, which was very often not the case that late in the war. Sure, five or six (if we count part of the April) months is a lot for an aircraft during total war, but remember that on average, it would be less as most aircraft were not manufactured in October and most aircraft did not survive till April.

Though it's kinda moot point given that DCS does not even try to depict a well defined point in time and the use of K4 over Normandy is anachronistic.

Owned modules & betas: A-10C; Ka-50; P-51; FW-190D; UH-1; FC; FC2; FC3; L-39C/ZA; MiG-15bis; F-86F Sabre; Bf 109 K-4; F-5E; Mi-8MTV2; M-2000C; SA-342; MiG-21bis; C-101 Aviojet; Hawk T.1A; Spitfire IX; AJS 37; AV-8B;NTTR; PG
Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift CV1
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:17 PM   #22
Ala13_ManOWar

Whatever, but you're just trying to support or justify your claims in aesthetics of a cockpit with not so facts (c'mon mate, I'm a modeller, I know one thing or two on weathering) which is legit but on the same plane I don't think that cockpit screenshots are specially battered BTW (Spanish modelling school, sorry), so who is right without a pic or source which would be anyway a single example of a single aircraft?

Anyhow, don't worry, no matter if the new cockpit is gorgeously modelled and textured or not, somebody will dislike it and make a clean cockpit mod right away (maybe also a more weathered one) so you won't have to wait long for sure and everybody will be happy.

S!
Old 12-17-2018, 07:12 PM   #23
some1+
Posting Rights Suspended

Well, you didn't back your claims with any facts either ("hangar queens, believe me!"), so it's true that we won't be able to decide who is right this way. The problem is, I'm not the one who complains that the new cockpit is weathered too much, so you missed your point entirely. I may not like the weathering on the low resolution side panel, but that's another story.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised that, as a modeller with a keen eye, you've mistaken the first screenshot for a render.

Owned modules & betas: A-10C; Ka-50; P-51; FW-190D; UH-1; FC; FC2; FC3; L-39C/ZA; MiG-15bis; F-86F Sabre; Bf 109 K-4; F-5E; Mi-8MTV2; M-2000C; SA-342; MiG-21bis; C-101 Aviojet; Hawk T.1A; Spitfire IX; AJS 37; AV-8B;NTTR; PG
Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift CV1

Last edited by some1; 12-17-2018 at 07:16 PM.
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:51 PM   #24
voodooman

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1 View Post
I may not like the weathering on the low resolution side panel, but that's another story.

This!
it looks awful. unless the pixelated weathering is somehow historically correct (sarkasm, for those who suck at it).
voodooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:43 PM   #25
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1 View Post
Well, you didn't back your claims with any facts either ("hangar queens, believe me!"), so it's true that we won't be able to decide who is right this way. The problem is, I'm not the one who complains that the new cockpit is weathered too much, so you missed your point entirely. I may not like the weathering on the low resolution side panel, but that's another story.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised that, as a modeller with a keen eye, you've mistaken the first screenshot for a render.
Fine for the pic, I just saw the blue sky and rendering tool came up to my mind. So bad lighting it has compared to new engine I thought it was a render…

I may have missed the point, but weren't you complaining just a few posts ago about a "too much unrealistically weathered" cockpit and that's why you sought for cockpit pictures?

Still new textures looks better . But now it's only a few days until we can check by ourselves.

S!
Old 12-17-2018, 11:46 PM   #26
Ala13_ManOWar

Annnddd, they were hangar queens for sure , pristine condition,

S!
Old 12-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #27
rogonaut

new ones look less cartoonish, looking good!
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #28
Lixma 06

That texture on the left canopy frame must be a mistake.

Surely?
Lixma 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:55 PM   #29
birdstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma 06 View Post
That texture on the left canopy frame must be a mistake.

Surely?
you mean that pixelated area on the upper side where the fuselage connects with the canopy? i was thinking the same.
birdstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #30
Vino

Was that new cockpit supposed to be in the new patch? I did not see any change in my plane...
Vino is offline   Reply With Quote