DCS Bf 109K-4 - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #11
theChris

Hello, so bf-109k4 is a late 1944 German aircraft.

Main opposition consisting of p-51/47 d American aircraft and Spitfire mk9 and mk14 British aircraft.

I read that fuels are limited to B4 for Axis and 100 octane for Allies.

So k4 top speed at 1.5-2.25km ranged from 630-640km/h, with a maximum speed of 712km/h at 7.1km Altitude.

A safe landing speed of 150km/h thanks to leading edge slats and high chamber wings, combined with an all moving tail plane (flying tail like) controlled by a trim wheel make it an innovative aircraft imo.

Just a bit of useless information to spark conversation about the 109 k4 and its competition to come in DCS World.
theChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #12
NineLine
Community Manager

Does anyone have any good info on ordnance used on the K-4, rockets, bombs etc? I believe the 21 cm rockets were used on it, anything else? Were the R4M ever used on it? What bombs were qualified for it? Anything else?
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #13
gavagai

The 109K-4 had limited ordnance capacity. There were plans for it to carry a 250kg or 500kg bomb, but good luck finding evidence that it ever happened. I also haven't seen 21cm rockets. For obvious reasons the 109K-4 was mostly a dedicated interceptor.
gavagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #14
NineLine
Community Manager

I thought I saw something somewhere for the 21cm, but now maybe it was the G's, Have to look again.. thanks for the info. We definitely need something to intercept....

The K-4 cockpit did have the controls for bombs and 21cm rockets as well.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**

Last edited by NineLine; 07-25-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
Altflieger

Oooh! An 8 inch gun! Just the one round then I expect Sith.
Altflieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #16
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altflieger View Post
Oooh! An 8 inch gun! Just the one round then I expect Sith.
One on each wing

On the G-6

**How to Report a Bug**
Old 07-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #18
TooTall

*Edit: I wasn't faster on the keyboard lol, thanks for the answer Friedrich*

Didn't they have the option for cannon gondolas under the wings for bomber intercept? Granted that isn't explosive ordinance, but just wondering if that was possible to arm on the K4?

i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone
TooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #19
NineLine
Community Manager

If anyone has any good docs on the underwing cannons and wants to share it please do, otherwise I will look around for it. I am positive Yo-Yo already has wind-tunnel data for most external attachements including these...

Be interested to see if there was an cockpit mods needed for this.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 07-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #20
Kurfürst

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Does anyone have any good info on ordnance used on the K-4, rockets, bombs etc? I believe the 21 cm rockets were used on it, anything else? Were the R4M ever used on it? What bombs were qualified for it? Anything else?
* the ever-present 300 liter droptank of course, feeding into the main tank

* 21 cm rockets were installable, as on the G-series. Not sure if that ever happened, given the general lack of use of the rockets by the 109K arrived. The manual says that the option (wiring?) was removed from later production planes, but given that we are getting an early 109K, it seems legit, or at least, fun

* 2cm Mauser MG 151/20, gondolas guns, 135 rpg, as on 109G (R IV)

* bomb sizes up to 500 kg (also 250 kg of course), all sort of types, ranging from the common SC, SD, PC 250 or 500 series. Also by this time the use of the AB series cluster bomb containers was much favored, these were loaded with a large variety of anti personnel i.e. SD 2 "butterfly" boms or anti-tank (hollow charge SD 4 HL) bomblets. Towards the end of the war there was also an increasing use of 109Ks against advancing US Army columns. Cannot recall if the 4x50 kg loadout was still used (given the AB bomb containers being so much more effective).

* R4M, no I think, never seen trace of it, perhaps on experimental scale only.

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!
-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment
The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.
Kurfürst is offline   Reply With Quote