prop pitch slow? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #1
birdstrike

Default prop pitch slow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIpZAu61OM8

watch at 6:30...

i always had the impression that the prop pitch moves a tad slowly in our dcs bf109.
in the video shown above it takes about 4seconds for "1hour" on the clock, and thats what i remember from having read on several sites.

in dcs it takes quite longer for one revolution...something between 6 and 7 seconds. if my brainclock was accurate...
is it possible that this is slightly too slow in dcs? im asking, as there are quite a few situations, i.e. in a steeper dive, where the prop pitch cant catch up with the revolutions, and tends to overev.
and the opposite in a steep climb, where it cant keep up the rpm and they drop...

Last edited by birdstrike; 01-12-2019 at 01:10 PM.
birdstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
Scoll

Nice vidéo !
The fact is what we see is a quick turn around the clock, but with system disconnected, without any mechanical resistance.
(Ie. exactly the same behavior when testing car electric glass alone).
About 109 porp pitch management , the master word is "anticipation" !
Old 01-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
Ala13_ManOWar

Yeah, because a clock on top of a bed is totally the same as real thing moving a whole propeller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdstrike View Post
in dcs it takes quite longer for one revolution...something between 6 and 7 seconds. if my brainclock was accurate...
is it possible that this is slightly too slow in dcs? im asking, as there are quite a few situations, i.e. in a steeper dive, where the prop pitch cant catch up with the revolutions, and tends to overev.
and the opposite in a steep climb, where it cant keep up the rpm and they drop...
But auto setting doesn't have any problem setting the prop to correct position and never, ever, overrev or underrev when you need it and pitch change speed is probably the same.

S!
Old 01-13-2019, 09:24 PM   #4
grafspee

Agree this is dry run without connection to prop it will run faster without load for sure
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:17 AM   #5
voodooman

06:58-> "it takes 32 seconds to travel from full fine to full coarse when the system is fitted to the aircraft"
voodooman is offline   Reply With Quote