If I enjoy FC3 planes, will I like the M2000C?

Flogger23m

Was going to post this in the M2000C forum but as this is a question comparing to another module I thought I'd post it here. I primarily fly FC3 planes. The M2000C is more complex, but once you get in the air, is operating the essential combat and flight systems fairly simple? Or does using the radar and Super 530 require many button presses & functions to acquire a target and launch? If I were to play more casually (auto start cheat) would it be simple to get into combat?

It's easy. Everyone should be able to get it up and fire at something without to much effort.

However, there is a lot added value in learning more about using the aircraft in an effective way against targets that fight back. But to get up the first time and just make a boom at something? Pretty simple.

Basically, all you need to fire a 530 at a target is:

- Radar On

- Master Arm on

- Lock on your target by moving the TDC over it and press lock

- Hit fire

Where the locking part can be troublesome because the radar scans only 12deg vertically, so you have to move it up and down to scan different parts of the air. But if you have an idea where your bandit is, and it is close (10nm) you can use use Special FWD / AFT buttons.

Those switch between multiple CloseCombatModes. (basically the mirages version of Boresight/Vertical/Horizontal/everything in HUD scan-modes). Those lock onto everything in range, so all you need to do is hit fire after it locks..

And if you plan on flying online, learn where the IFF switch is (right side of the frame, next to the keypad). This isn't part of auto-cheat-start. Thus everyone knows when a "friendly" is new in the Mirage...

The Mirage 2000C is roughly played in the same manner as the FC3 air superiority planes.

It is more complex to use, but the main advantage is that you deals with functional switches and indicators, not blind keyboard commands and a dead cockpit.

The other advantage is its ergonomics that makes this aircraft very easy and comfortable to use even compared to FC3 aircraft.

This module can already do all things the FC3 air-to-air fighters can do, you're free to explore or not the more complex functions.

I'd say go for it.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Thanks for the replies. It is on sale now so I have a few days to decide. How does the Viggen compare by these metrics? Fairly simple to do the basics, or is it more like the A-10C which requires a lot of studying to use the systems?

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I ended up purchasing it. I know there is a detailed manual, but in the interest of playing it a bit within the next few weeks, can someone point out the essential functions for basic counter measures, weapons, and radar / avionics controls that I need to map?

Looks like there are no training missions included, and nothing is mapped by default with the X-52 Pro.

So far I believe I have mapped the radar on switch and cannon toggle if I am not mistaken. If anyone can point out that the essential functions are called and what heading they are under in the menu that would be helpful.

• Like 1

Open the options menu and go to the HOTAS category.

Map all of that and you'll have everything that's on the real stick and throttle. You should have plenty of buttons on the X-52 to cover it. :thumbup:

In addition, you'll want RADAR on/RADAR standby handy as you've noted, getting to the switch in the cockpit can be difficult depending on the position of the throttle.

I'd recommend taking the time to run through Baltic Dragon's excellent training missions.

Edited by feefifofum

Open the options menu and go to the HOTAS category.

Map all of that and you'll have everything that's on the real stick and throttle. You should have plenty of buttons on the X-52 to cover it. :thumbup:

In addition, you'll want RADAR on/RADAR standby handy as you've noted, getting to the switch in the cockpit can be difficult depending on the position of the throttle.

I'd recommend taking the time to run through Baltic Dragon's excellent training missions.

Got TDC slewing working, think I have the lock working. Sounds like I will have to map the radar up/down movements as well. I magically figured out how to fire the Magic and have the cannon working.

Are the A2A modes (I think they were called something similar) behind the stick important? Is that where I would find a close combat type of mode for the Magics?

I will check out those missions. I am hoping there are some good free tutorial missions such as those with the MIG-21/A-10C.

....And if you plan on flying online, learn where the IFF switch is (right side of the frame, next to the keypad). This isn't part of auto-cheat-start. Thus everyone knows when a "friendly" is new in the Mirage...

Can you elaborate on that? I just bought the Mirage and didnt understand what you said about the IFF.

THanks

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Bit of an update. I have figured out how to select and use the weapons. Successfully shot down some AI MIG-29s with the R530 and Magic II, and dropped bombs/rockets.

My main questions are:

1) How do I activate the chaff / flare dispensers? I mapped two buttons, but don't recall which. Is there a toggle button for a pre-set flare/chaff dump like in the FC3 planes?

2) It seems as though the wheels are locked by default and I can't steer on the ground. What is this called in the options?

3) Does the M2000C get an ECM? I see functions for a jammer. If there is one can someone walk me through the steps of turning it on?

Otherwise it is fairly simple to get set up for air to air. Having fun with it so far. :)

Do the tutorials! All of you! I don't know why you think it's faster to post on a forum and wait for an answer when you have a question instead of looking at the stuff someone already did for this exact purpose. :lol:

The IFF panel is above the electronic warfare panel, beneath the PCN. Turn the rotary on the right to SECT. Press the nosewheel steering button to perform an IFF interrogation with the RADAR. Hostile contacts will remain unchanged, friendly contacts will display a diamond at the bottom of the chevron, and will have an "A" in the target box on the HUD.

Special modes FWD and AFT will cycle close combat auto-acquisition modes, which vary depending on the missile you have selected.

The decoy program select knob is on the right panel near the front, next to the electronic warfare panel, below the IFF and above the ILS/TACAN. Set the switch to SA. See your kneeboard for a list of which program does what. "Decoy program release" will deploy countermeasures following the selected program. Decoy panic release will dump both flare and chaff in the event you're jumped.

• Like 1

Do the tutorials! All of you! I don't know why you think it's faster to post on a forum and wait for an answer when you have a question instead of looking at the stuff someone already did for this exact purpose. :lol:

Or at the very least grab a Chuck's guide... there's one page instructions for pretty much every type of system in there.

The M2000C is the gateway aircraft I recommend for fighter jocks who want to graduate from FC3. Once you learn the INS, the avionics are simple and fairly straightforward. The aircraft is fly-by-wire, so its actually easier to fly than the FC3 birds. The autopilot is intuitive and powerful, and the switches in the cockpit are well organized and not overwhelming.

Startup is complicated until you learn the INS, but once you do it is also straighforward. The only full-switch cold starts that are easier are the Huey and the Viggen.

Have you tried Chuck's M200C guide? It's really helpful to me. See link below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

I like flying the Mirage, but the only thing that's annoying is the inaccuracy of the CCIP & CCRP system. Don't give up on DCS. Be patient bro. Most of these modules are study sims. They take time and patience.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

The only gripe I have about M2K is full 8 minutes INS Alignment, particularly in server that force you to do that. Imagine doing it in 8 minutes only to find out 2 minutes later you got shot down by enemy fighter :D

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

tell me what is so hard to understand about this?

[ATTACH]166316[/ATTACH]

Nice try, but that doesn't tell you what the functions are called or where to find them. It just points to where they are in the cockpit. I've skimmed through that .PDF file before I started asking about counter measures, FYI. At least attempt to read the post before you respond. Not trying to be rude here, but really, reading before posting is always helpful.

Edited by Flogger23m

The only gripe I have about M2K is full 8 minutes INS Alignment, particularly in server that force you to do that. Imagine doing it in 8 minutes only to find out 2 minutes later you got shot down by enemy fighter :D

Then don't get shot down :D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

The decoy program select knob is on the right panel near the front, next to the electronic warfare panel, below the IFF and above the ILS/TACAN. Set the switch to SA. See your kneeboard for a list of which program does what. "Decoy program release" will deploy countermeasures following the selected program. Decoy panic release will dump both flare and chaff in the event you're jumped.

Already answered that one, but here it is again:

Set the release mode to "SA." You can see that in ProBad's picture.

The button to release countermeasures is called decoy program release in the options.

If you just want to dump a bunch of stuff out without preplanning in the event you get jumped, "decoy panic release" will drop both flare and chaff as long as you've turned the system on.

They are both found in the HOTAS category, where I recommended you bind all the things from. ;)

"Decoy Release Program Knob Up" and "Decoy Release Program Knob Down" is also a helpful pair of controls to bind to quickly change programs.

There are 10 tutorial missions that ship with the module. Find them under "training." The campaign is also focused heavily on training for the first several missions.

LdGg43L.jpg

Edited by feefifofum

Then don't get shot down :D.
I saw worst than that. 8 minutes preparation, going to taxi and bamm....got rubberband. :D

Sorry for the OT :D

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze