1.57 new KAB-500S for Su-25T?

Slutcher

nice catch, seems like they're not actually ready to be used? they simply are unable to be released even with launch override.

Same for me. Likely not ready yet. BTW, the KAB-500S is a satellite guide bomb. The Su-25T does not have any kind of satallite navigation system IIRC so how does it deploy satallite guided bomb?

ED perhaps a DCS:Su-25SM maybe?:D

. The Su-25T does not have any kind of satallite navigation system IIRC so how does it deploy satallite guided bomb?

SU-25 SM Confirmed!

Is this bomb new too? RBK 250-275 AO-1SCH. Haven't made new loadouts in a while but I don't remember seeing it before. A search reveals it's a frag type like the ptab 10-5. In testing it it seems equally useless.

Edited by cthulhu68

Same for me. Likely not ready yet. BTW, the KAB-500S is a satellite guide bomb. The Su-25T does not have any kind of satallite navigation system IIRC so how does it deploy satallite guided bomb?

Well, the aircraft having satellite nav or not wouldn't matter, as long as it can interface with the weapon, as I understand it. The bomb DOES have SATNAV, which is the more important part. It was passed over by the RF due to its high cost (implying the systems are in the weapon itself rather than the aircraft). It was deployed in Syria, much to everyone's surprise evidently.

Gamewise, we have 3x new weapons in total. The two cluster bombs (250 and 500 variants) can be mounted on Su-25As, the KAB-500S on the Su-25T. I haven't tried testing them yet.

I don't know what advantage there would be to using it over the TV guided one. In-RL it seems to be slightly less accurate (not that it matters much with a 1000lber) and... that's it more or less. More expensive, as already mentioned. *shrugs* I dunno. They did largely take a pass on buying it. Possibly this is why :D

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

you guys are priceless!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

SU-25 SM Confirmed!

Actually, that new KAB-500, and the new cluster bombs have a platform in common; the Su-24M. And coincidentally enough, a cut-cockpit model for the Su-24M was recently added to DCS' assets.

Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice would say.

Edited by Hyena

...........And coincidentally enough, a cut-cockpit model for the Su-24M was recently added to DCS' assets.

Where?? I can't find it... :book:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Actually, that new KAB-500, and the new cluster bombs have a platform in common; the Su-24M. And coincidentally enough, a cut-cockpit model for the Su-24M was recently added to DCS' assets.

What's the purpose of a adding a "cut-cockpit" model?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 2 months later...