Vergeev Group Campaign UPDATED!!

BBQ

You've got quite a collection there! ...

:) Thanks, the only Campaigns that I dont play, are those that require the installation of Mods to play .. those are a pain to fly since frequently DCS's updates broke the Mods when you are on the middle of the Campaign, its very frustrating so I avoid them

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After mission one I am very optimistic, looks very promising.

Mission 2 is another story, hopefully there are no more missions as a wingman as current AI level is erratic :D and brings more frustration than fun trying to fly formation with AI lead :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, #2 is a beast -- the AI flight behavior makes it very challenging. I think that was by design :)

And no, there are no more missions that require you to fly formation. :)

After mission one I am very optimistic, looks very promising.

Mission 2 is another story, hopefully there are no more missions as a wingman as current AI level is erratic :D and brings more frustration than fun trying to fly formation with AI lead :/

It is not by design, it is bad AI, the same is Huey campaign.

When AI climb he does only cyclic climb at last moment resulting in immediate loss of speed and when he finishes climbing he accelarate drastically. Add to that that he uses BFM and it is not possible to keep up with his turn/climb/accel performance.

Anyway, the campaign really looks good done, similar to baltic_dragon's Mirage campaign.

It is unfortunate that Vergeev project was abandoned for some reason.

Thanks again for fixing it, as currently there is not many working content for ka-50 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad you're enjoying it! (except for second mission)

I managed to keep up with the AI -- see this video:

It is not by design, it is bad AI, the same is Huey campaign.

When AI climb he does only cyclic climb at last moment resulting in immediate loss of speed and when he finishes climbing he accelarate drastically. Add to that that he uses BFM and it is not possible to keep up with his turn/climb/accel performance.

Anyway, the campaign really looks good done, similar to baltic_dragon's Mirage campaign.

It is unfortunate that Vergeev project was abandoned for some reason.

Thanks again for fixing it, as currently there is not many working content for ka-50 :)

Glad you're enjoying it! (except for second mission)

I managed to keep up with the AI -- see this video:

I managed to keep up enough to pass the mission as well. The point is not to fight with his flying as it is not fun but to keep good and steady formation :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I managed to keep up enough to pass the mission as well. The point is not to fight with his flying as it is not fun but to keep good and steady formation :)
Well done! Yup, trying to be right next to him the whole time is impossible, as you mentioned.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Just a note about the (current) mission 3, and potentially others. During briefing if you go to mission planer all zones are visible, spoiling some of the fun.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I have just tried flying this in 2.5 (as I really want to fly this in 2.5) but in the first mission I spawn in under a Georgia airways jet and explode.

Looks like some tweaking is needed :(

would really love to fly this campaign in 2.5 as it looks so great.

SD

Do you have the last 2.5 update, hotfix 3? The spawning together with AI should be fixed in that.

Some people seem to get Vergeev to work in 2.5, see post #12:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3397217

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Do you have the last 2.5 update, hotfix 3? The spawning together with AI should be fixed in that.

Some people seem to get Vergeev to work in 2.5, see post #12:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3397217

Considering this heavily scripted campaign was originally written for BS1, that it still works is a huge testament to BBQ’s efforts. BZ in keeping this great campaign viable!

• 3 weeks later...
Almost done testing -- on mission 19. There were definitely some snags along the way, but I think I've got them sorted. Will post updated campaign link as soon as I'm done.
Awesome work! Thanks!

Would it be possible to keep the 1.5.7 version available in parallel with the upcoming 2.5 for those of us still on it?

I personally have it already thought, and I don't expect you to maintain both versions.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yes, I'll create two links -- one for the existing version that works with 1.5.7, and another that works with the new 2.5.0.

Awesome work! Thanks!

Would it be possible to keep the 1.5.7 version available in parallel with the upcoming 2.5 for those of us still on it?

I personally have it already thought, and I don't expect you to maintain both versions.

Yes, I'll create two links -- one for the existing version that works with 1.5.7, and another that works with the new 2.5.0.
Thanks!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Okay, I've tested/fixed all of the missions to work with the current 2.5.0 version -- but I'm hesitant to post it for the following reasons:

There are still some lighting issues, and some kind of video corruption with the water w/ deferred shading enabled. Because 3 or 4 of the missions take place over water, this is kind of a deal breaker for those using deferred shading -- and I don't want to waste time testing the missions all over again with the shading on, until at least the next hotfix/update.

The good news is, the actual missions themselves are working (after I had to make a few tweaks, e.g., spawning inside of a jet at Sochi).

So the Vergeev Group campaign will live on -- I'm just going to wait until the major bugs are squashed so that I can test it again for 2.5.0x so I don't have to repeat the effort (it takes a lot of time).

Excellent work BBQ.

I understand your retisance to release in a less than perfect condition but, could you not just release what you have and then update later? It would give us the choice to download them or not as the case may be.

I would love to revisit these missions I can live with some visual bugs.

Anyway looking forward to your release :thumbup:

Cheers

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]