Huey Down Mission

Version 0.10

Anyone planning to play this mission in coop over the coming days? I've started flying the Gazelle, but have not had the chance to fly her cooperatively.

Hey, I'm up for that too!

The latest version of Open Alpha is pretty stable with the new version of the mission. Fought through it today and it was solid, although the mission did need a little fix (new v0.10 posted). The Somalis are tough fighters, and you do get the sense that you're in a pitched battle. The new retire and re-spawn behaviour works well. Keeps the engine clean and running smoothly.

One thing I did note though, AI seems to abandon its mission when units engage. I think that's new. I had to redirect Uniform 6 (McKnight's convoy) after it had been engaged, using the Combined Arms module.

Commit Aviation!

how many guys do we need to give this a proper go? Anyone willing to host it on a server?

That's a good question. It depends on the pilots. Three should be enough. More the better.

The Hueys and Gazelles are pretty vulnerable to Somali negotiations: AK-47 ground fire. Although I'm often surprised how tough the 342L is to small arms. Hueys get very hard to handle once the hydraulics get hit.

It's definitely better to host the mission on a dedicated server. It can take the AI overload independently without impacting a client.

Commit Aviation!

• 3 months later...
That's a good question. It depends on the pilots. Three should be enough. More the better.

The Hueys and Gazelles are pretty vulnerable to Somali negotiations: AK-47 ground fire. Although I'm often surprised how tough the 342L is to small arms. Hueys get very hard to handle once the hydraulics get hit.

It's definitely better to host the mission on a dedicated server. It can take the AI overload independently without impacting a client.

Any chance of reviewing your mission for the new version DCS 2.2?

Wilco.

A quick test reveals a regression bug with the AI. Disembarked soldiers do not change their models as they manoeuvre. You can see muzzle flashes but the models remain frozen. This occurred in a previous version and then got fixed.

Also noticed that dynamically spawned units appear, but not on the F10 map. That's a new bug. On the plus side, I'm liking the new graphics and soundscape. In addition, I think the crashing-into-invisible-trees bug might be fixed perhaps. Sounds sad, but I'm loving the new clouds.

I'll do so more testing and get back to you. Many thanks for running it.

Regards, Redline

Edited by R3DL1N3

Commit Aviation!

Wilco.

A quick test reveals a regression bug with the AI. Disembarked soldiers do not change their models as they manoeuvre. You can see muzzle flashes but the models remain frozen. This occurred in a previous version and then got fixed.

Also noticed that dynamically spawned units appear, but not on the F10 map. That's a new bug. On the plus side, I'm liking the new graphics and soundscape. In addition, I think the crashing-into-invisible-trees bug might be fixed perhaps. Sounds sad, but I'm loving the new clouds.

I'll do so more testing and get back to you. Many thanks for running it.

Regards, Redline

Appreciate your time Redline....we fly your mission as a good challenge with a group of friends, it is a real blast.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk