Spitfire taxi takeoff training

Slightest thing causes the training session to end with no explanation. Told to Shift-R to restart.

Completed the required pre-take off list up to the canopy open... After opening canopy the message telling me to open canopy hangs there forever until I roll the plane forward slowly. When I roll the plane forward the training fails with no explanation.

What gives?

It seems to have troubles.

I opened up the mission editor, made my own, placed a spit and made the skill level "player".

I gave it 20% fuel and used that to practice start up taxi, takeoff and land. Over and over and over.

• Like 1

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Load the Quickstart mission, The aircraft is almost ready to go - apart from trim settings. Just don't bother with the NTR Quickstart Takeoff mission if you have 2.0 It is near impossible IMO. The runway isn't much wider than the Spit.

The Quickstart Takeoff mission on 1.5 is much easier to cope with.