F/A 18 C Speed

Hello guys... a month has passed and I get much fun with my F-18c but one thing that really dissapointme is the final speed that it's between 750 knots and 900 (when unloaded) or in metric 1400 kmh-1550 kmh and I was wondering if there's a way to match the dcs f-18 speed with the real f-18 c that is about 1034 knots or 1950 kmh.

In dcs 1.5 I used to mod the speed by editing the lua script of every aircraft and then I get the desired speed but in 2.5 and when I edit engine lines and stats of the f-18 c in the lua script line located in core mods the plane somehow gets disabled from game and I can't fly it.....please if you know a way to modify this let me know....it's really frustrating not getting the real speed of an Aircraft that cost me around 70U$$.

Please note that I also have tried the maximun speed in high altitudes and disbled the "arcade mode"

Edited by JRM

I don't remember how fast the Hornet can go in the game, but keep in mind that the HUD readout tops at 900 knots, IIRC. It also shows CAS. You should check the true airspeed with another way. I don't remember if the external views or the F10 map give you that, but they might. Maybe someone else can chime in.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Harker

I thought that also and i tried with another measurement tools but the aircraft never surpases 900 knots....

Recently I bought FC3 and the F-15 seems to have the same issue, then I decided to put f-15 and f-18 in straight line and while pressing f2 view looks like they both cant surpass 1550 kmh....

I haven't tried to fly the Hornet at max speed, but the Eagle is so fast it can hit what seems to be a coded speed limit (or it has some kind of overspeed protection) at about Mach 2.6.

I don't recall the Hornet underpeforming terribly when clean. It's good for at least Mach 1.5.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

At which altitude are you trying to reach top speed?
This. Remember that top speeds are achieved at high altitude where the air is much thinner. HSI should display your ground speed next to the aircraft symbol. Get up to 40k and light the cans in a 5-10 degree dive and see how fast you can get.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I have no problem hitting Mach 1.8 at altitude while clean and light. Seems accurate enough to me. Make sure you're at 40k+, no ordnance, and 50% fuel or less, in full reheat to get to max speed. Weather (air density) will also effect speed.

Improve power and performance of engines

Hi.

I just want to know if there is a way to improve engines in dcs 2.5..

A months a go when I downloaded dcs 1.5 I used to be bored with speed and impulse of aircrafts and then I start to mod the lua script of each one aircraft (lines of engine stats) I was getting awesome results with this moddings making most of the flyable aircrafts get to a top speed of 2000 kmh or 1050 knots in low altitude and right know I want to do the same thing on DCS 2.5.

I tried to mod the lua of the f-18 on dcs 2.5 but when I start the game this aircraft disappeared from the flyable planes and I have no clue on how to make this works.

Any new ideas are welcome.

throttle of F-18 AC always reach to max but when I pilot the f-15 never surpass the 95% of rpm according to f2 view....obviously I hit the slider to max in order to get top speed.

The Eagle is limited to 95% RPM. The A-10 is another aircraft that can't reach 100, it only goes to 82% or so.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Thank you very much guys, I was confused about how the aircraft instruments read the speed, I just realized that the speed indicated in the hud in knots doesnt match the map f10 view speed in my game becase when I hit 700 knots the map shows that my speed is 1600 kmh and its wrong because 700 knots equal to 1330 km, therefore I guess that there´s some mistake with aircraft readings.

Thank you very much guys, I was confused about how the aircraft instruments read the speed, I just realized that the speed indicated in the hud in knots doesnt match the map f10 view speed in my game becase when I hit 700 knots the map shows that my speed is 1600 kmh and its wrong because 700 knots equal to 1330 km, therefore I guess that there´s some mistake with aircraft readings.

No mistake with readings, what you're missing is that Indicated airspeed (in the hud) is different than Ground speed (shown on the HSI next to your aircraft symbol and on F10)

Indicated airspeed is going to be lower than your ground speed, based on your altitude (at sea level they would match, not including any winds) as you get higher, indicated airspeed is going to be dramatically lower than ground speed.

• ED Team

Threads merged, please do not make multiple threads.

Hornet is Early access and the team have some tweaking to do with the flight model.

I have moved your thread to mods as you discuss modifying the Lua files.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No mistake with readings, what you're missing is that Indicated airspeed (in the hud) is different than Ground speed (shown on the HSI next to your aircraft symbol and on F10)

Indicated airspeed is going to be lower than your ground speed, based on your altitude (at sea level they would match, not including any winds) as you get higher, indicated airspeed is going to be dramatically lower than ground speed.

Thank you¡¡¡

Now I get it but I still feel somehow disappointed because I expected more power from this aircrafts, if there´s a way to modify this stats please let me know (even if affects reality), I find this jets (all of them) with a lack of power that in my opinion needs to be revised and improved.

Improve power and performance of enginessss

Hello Guys.

I just want to know if there's a way to modify the lua files in order to improve performance and power of the engines of any aircraft.

In dcs 1.5 I used to mod the lua file of an aircraft by changing stats on the engine line bellow aerodynamics and get awesome results improving acceleration, performance and final speed of any flyable aircraft by editing the nameofaircraft.lua file but when I tried this in dcs 2.5 I get no results.

Any new ideas to get this works are welcome.

PD to admin: please don't move this thread, this one is not related with f-18, this is only related to modify engines performance and power.

• 2 years later...