AGM-65F TGP designate

CZ_BPK

After the last update, i have some problems getting the TGP and AGM-65F to work together.

TGP is selected as SOI (R-DDI) and when i find a target and try to designate the target, nothing happens, the AGM-65F is not moving to the view of the TGP.

In order to get it to work, i have to select the AGM-65F screen (L-DDI), set it as SOI, uncage the Maverick, then the Maverick will move to the designated target. Then i have to return to the TGP as SOI (R-DDI) and then wait for the Maverick to lock.

The AGM-65F screen flickers a lot, the missile lock turn on and off constantly. It is sometimes hard to get a clean lock.

Am i doing something wrong??

(Hope the spelling is ok)

After you uncage the Maverick seeker head to the designated point, you need to "undesignate" with the pinky button (if you are using a Warthog HOTAS), then you will be able to slew the Maverick seeker head around.

There are 2 settings for the TDC slew in the Hornet. Realistic (you depress the TDC while you slew, then realease to attempt lock), and unrealistic (you can slew the TDC around without depress, the Warthog mini-stick must use this method as it is a hardware limitation).

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I think you shouldn't have to assign TDC priority (SOI) to the IMAV page. It was my understanding that the way it worked before (automatically slaves the seeker after a target designation) was correct, since it allowed you to fire Mavericks without ever having to leave the FLIR page.

I thought that was also the point of the FLIR FOV button override (zooms the missile seeker view, even if TDC priority is assigned to the TGP), to allow for quick designation, verification and launch, without having to leave the FLIR page.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Scotch75 - Thanks for the answer, will try it out :-)

So it is necessary to go to the Maverick display (SOI), uncage and undesignate the maverick, then slew to the target?

Before the update, i could designate from TGP display, get the Maverick on target and get a lock, without ever touching the Maverick.

I use Realistic for TDC slew.

Harker - I think so to, but i can't get it to work after the last update.

At the moment, I believe the Mav seeker is slaved to the TGP when a target/waypoint is designated, so with TGP SOI, you designate the target with TDC press, which will also move the Mav seeker to that point (uncaged). I have found you need fine adjustments to get a lock, so with Mav as SOI, you need to undesignate, then you can slew to the target you want. It is a bit clunky at the moment, however, ED are working on more TGP functionality, so hopefully soon you should be able to designate with TGP and not have to do anything with the MAV until it is in range to get its own lock.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Scotch75 - Copy that :-)

The problem is - after the last update, with TGP as SOI, when I designate the target, with TDC depress - nothing happens, the IMAV, moves nowhere, it stay caged (boresight), nothing happens, the Mav seeker does not move to the point designated.

Ahhh..... ok, I haven't flown the Hornet for a while, so I will have to do a test flight maybe tonight (UTC +8) to see if my install is doing that too.

Cheers!

Lol... , no probs, I'm off to work for a 10 hour shift

That would be awesome :-)

I might do something wrong, this might be an "Error 40"

(Sitting 40 centimeter from the monitor)

Thanx in advance.

Hey CZ,

I had a chance to test this out, just a quick mission with a line of tanks on PG. All appears to be working ok. My steps:

1- Ensure TGP and IMAVs warmed up, put TGP in FLIR mode, MAV view on left DDI.

2- Sensor Select Switch right to make TGP SOI on the right DDI.

3- Sensor Select Switch right again to put TGP in PTRK (point track mode).

4- Slew TGP to target, once it has locked, press TDC to designate.

5- MAV view on left DDI automatically slewed to and locked the target. If it didn't do this, Sensor Select Swith left to make MAV SOI, then uncage. The IMAV slewed to and locked.

6- Pickle.

So, maybe check your key and HOTAS bindings to see if something "doubled up" after the update, eg TDC depress, SSS, cage/uncage.

Hope you get it working,

Cheers!

Thank you for your effort - much appreciated.

I do it exact the same way, i am getting a bit confused by now.

Will double check my settings and try again.

I tested mine on a multiplayer mission.

Was your test multiplayer or single player?

Again thank you for the help. :-)

No probs, mine was a single player mission.

I don't know if it can be inherent in the subject and if it has already been reported.

To me, in a Persian Gulf server, it happened that I attached a column in a street with AGM 65F but I locked something fixed near the moving TGT.

I noticed only after 2 missiles thrown away that the road was lined with a small electric line with wooden poles (invisible from 8 NM).

As we know the electric pole has no IR relevance and so I wonder if this is also a new problem.

Thank you for your attention.

in Fly Dax

1. After testing the AGM-65F i got it to work.

Followed the instructions posted by Scotch75 (Thanks again mate), I only had to make a small change to the procedure.

- TGP on R-DDI as SOI and PTRK mode, MAV on L-DDI.

- Slew TGP to target.

- Switch SOI to MAV + uncage MAV.

- Switch SOI back to TGP.

- Press TDC to designate (MAV moves to target and locks).

- Pickle.

(If i designate from TGP without Uncaging the first MAV, nothing happens)

For the following MAV's:

- With TGP as SOI, slew to next target.

- Pickle.

(Switching to MAV as SOI and Uncage, was only necessary for the first missile)

Happy day :-)

2. To Picchiorosso

This also happens on the Caucasus map, and has been a problem for a long time.

If targets are moving along a road with electric lines near by, the MAV often locks on the poles/lines instead of the target.

So i guess its a "Bug" in general for DCS.

Followed the instructions posted by Scotch75 (Thanks again mate), I only had to make a small change to the procedure.

- TGP on R-DDI as SOI and PTRK mode, MAV on L-DDI.

- Slew TGP to target.

- Switch SOI to MAV + uncage MAV.

- Switch SOI back to TGP.

- Pickle.

(If i designate from TGP without Uncaging the first MAV, nothing happens)

For the following MAV's:

- With TGP as SOI, slew to next target.

- Pickle.

(Switching to MAV as SOI and Uncage, was only necessary for the first missile)

Happy day :-)

2. To Picchiorosso

This also happens on the Caucasus map, and has been a problem for a long time.

If targets are moving along a road with electric lines near by, the MAV often locks on the poles/lines instead of the target.

So i guess its a "Bug" in general for DCS.

Hey mate, good to hear you sorted it out . I'm happy to be of help.

Cheers!

It's weird that only the first missile needs to be manually uncaged though. Sounds like a bug.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

Yeps - it is weird :-)

What bothers me the most, is that nobody else has reported the issue.

The only two guys that have the "bug/issue", is me and my buddy.

I am not happy about it, but as long as it works i can live with it.

I also have the issue. I think it's general, but introduced in the last patch or something and that's why people haven't noticed yet.

-

Thanks Harker - "Nice" to know we are not the only ones having the issue.

I guess you are right, and i also think a lot of players are flying the F-16C right now, that might also be a reason why people haven't noticed.

If it's a bug or not, i don't know, the procedure for using the AGM-65F might be like this IRL.

Thank you so much Mr CZ_BPK (and Mr Scotch75), with your small changes to Mr Scotch75´s instructions, I am now successfully operating MAV F with TGP without any problem. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb