AGM-65 this month?

Silvern

If that is true the main Question shouldn't be "Why Mav's before (L) GBU's", the Question should be: Why we get Laser guided Ordnance before others?!

If we get Mavericks, fine it's okay for me, but send in these with Ir Seekers first! And if we talking about GBU's, damn I would rather prefer a AGM-62!

First and foremost in my Hornet I want to pick a Target and engage it. And Second: I have no Airwing or Squadron, so there is nobody who can buddylase a target. And even if I had one it is a carrier Airwing. We will have hornets and soon F-14. No Lasers here. (And I'll go crazy if the F-14B from 3rd Party got an TgtPod before the Homemade Multirolefighter!)

Last thing will be I don't know how to tell the AI A-10 to work as AFAC. And in MP you can get barely contact with one, cause you don't know if he uses TS or SRS or whatever. Maybe he want do more than just wait for me to get there and fire 4 Mav's and disapear?

It's an EA Plane and I can Wait. But why Laser Ordance first? Seems to make no sense for me right know:(

Greetings

The F-14 will have the LANTIRN pod available from its early access release - sounds like you're gonna go crazy as I can't see ED having the Hornet's done before then :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if we're getting the BRU-55 displayed in that photo. We're definitely getting the BRU-33. That doesn't mean it's not still possible, but that article clearly shows the BRU-55 being used with 2 LAU-117's to double mount mavericks.

Remember, sales lititure has nothing to do with operational flight testing.

It normally takes years of testing and evaluation to ensure specific munitions can be safely employed from a given aircraft. All that picture shows is two weapons will physically fit on the mount together. It doesn't show how they interact in flight with each other at given speeds and release conditions. It doesn't show how the interact with the aircraft at given speeds and flight conditions. It doesn't show how they affect airflow over the wings at given speeds and altitudes. It doesn't show a myriad of things that are vitally important to the safe and effective employment of the weapons from the aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Yes i and others know what buddy lasing is. , But Again my point is why Include the Laser guided maverick first, instead of the Gbu12. ( Or both at the same time) Both still require Ability to change/adjust Laser code anyways for it to work.

Every weapon added to the Hornet has also been improved in some way in the game, maybe they've just as much work to do for GBU's as they do for Mavs.

Second to that, and probably the main reaon why Mav-E vs Gbu-12:

By adding the Mav-E, they also make it easier to implement the Mav-H/G, which provides more parameters in which to deploy the Mav then just the GBU (without tgps as of yet).

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Just as a quick flight of fancy: does it really make a difference whether or not this order of things makes a lot of sense?

I don't claim to know how these different tasks get distributed to the team at ED at all. It could be that work on the AGM-65E had just been underway and in a pretty good state anyway. Mind you, that variant has only been introduced to DCS fairly recently and perhaps there has been some involvement since. Or maybe even someone in the team just frankly went: 'Eh, I want to do Mavericks first!'

I am as surprised as some of you are, because to me it also seems like including Paveway bombs would be less work, but even if that is the case that does not dictate somebody has to work on that first.

Every weapon added to the Hornet has also been improved in some way in the game, maybe they've just as much work to do for GBU's as they do for Mavs.

Second to that, and probably the main reaon why Mav-E vs Gbu-12:

By adding the Mav-E, they also make it easier to implement the Mav-H/G, which provides more parameters in which to deploy the Mav then just the GBU (without tgps as of yet).

This

We will have hornets and soon F-14. No Lasers here. (And I'll go crazy if the F-14B from 3rd Party got an TgtPod before the Homemade Multirolefighter!)

See you going crazy already rdlaugh.png

The Tomcat will be here in probably less than 2 months bringing the LANTIRN, functional dealwithit.png

ED has to bring the ATFLIR before that... highly doubt they will rainbowdashwink.png

I guess they're even going to redo the whole IR code, instead of just being able to lock on things thate are tagged "lockable" somewhere deep down in the code, any sensors looking for IR sources actually should be able to lock on any hot spots twilightsmile.png

BTW in the expectation of the "Laserick" and hopefully the GBUs, I've just started to play around with ED's JTAC feature that came with the A-10C module. Got it working as far, thrown some GBU-12 from 15ish miles away and scored hits (drop from 36kft @ M 1.5+, pull up somewhere 18-20nm ahead, trigger held until bomb is off), but some questions remain and I couldn't find answers either here or in the A-10C manual...

1 - what does "TEN SECONDS" actually do? I imagined that it somehow is for just lasing for 10 seconds, but I can't give a fire command afterwards. I remember in my darkest brain corners that it worked like that back then before there was DCS World, but I might be wrong fsgrin.png

2 - is it at all possible for the JTAC not to lase all the time virtually burning his laser through? I'd expect him to lase the target, wait for my SPOT call and then switch it off again until actually needed... well, it's basically coded specially for the Hog, so I expect limitations rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg