Red Flag Rumble February - AV8B - F-5 vs Mig21 - M2000 [BFM]

104th_Maverick

Prophet - RED - GCI

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Cockfighter MiG-21

(or F-5 if needed)

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

uiNgSGE.jpg

Current Roster - we need more AV8B pilots aka.... real men ;) :D :smartass: :thumbup: :music_whistling:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13dVTUzW0BAPdM_r3qQ8xDo3eXV7r82ig/view

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

No joy on the livestream, been bouncing around Youtube looking for it over the last hour.. Was there something I missed?

EDIT: Never mind, went up a little late.

Blue put up a good fight, very well done considering the circumstances! But Red won the day this round.. Congrats guys! Very entertaining livestream you all put together for us.

Edited by pyromaniac4002

Thanks for the great event yesterday Mav! (Despite the hiccups and delay).

I was one of the first to get shot down, but I really enjoyed the live stream and your commentary.

It was probably an M2000 that took me down. I was caught unprepared by their high altitude tactics. This is vastly different to the ACG Cold War server I usually fly on, where most are down in the dirt to not expose themselves.

I was hesitant to go afterburner and meet the M2000s at their level for fear of being spotted by the lower flying MiG-21s.

The M2000 radar is very capable acquiring targets on the deck, while the F-5 and MiG-21 radars are almost useless in fighter engagement (the F-5 radar even more so due to lack of IFF).

This led to the M2000 consistently having the upper hand in all engagements as they had much better situational awareness and were able to come in from high altitude with high energy, allowing them to escape the fight if any shots happen to miss.

The only hope for team blue was to defend, successfully deploy countermeasures and hope the M2000 makes a mistake in order to get a shot in.

Really goes to show what an advantage superior sensors give.

I'd prefer for the next Red flag in this category not to have M2000s. Perhaps pair the MiG-21s with Viggens (Finno-Swedish alliance?) or, dare I say it, with the L-39, to keep things eastern block?

Greatly looking forward to the helicopter rumble too!

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat