DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-15-2016, 07:54 AM   #131
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielNL View Post
Not having read this entire thread, because you claimed

"The work can't be done without the data so if you can help fill in a box please do! "

what about taking same values for the start for all aircraft (realistic line-of-sight limitations) ?
Well the work could be done now I have a few values but I'd prefer to get it right with the correct values. I'm also not to that part yet, I have a lot of work to go before I start on it so im asking for help with the research in the meantime.

The current work order is:
Encrypted Radio support
Gci radio with 10 radios
Distance limitations
Line of sight limitations
Better radio effects
Overlay injected into game via dx11

If anyone is interested I thought this article was a good read to learn about radio range.

http://m.electronicdesign.com/commun...e-calculations

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Last edited by Ciribob; 07-15-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #132
Tarres

Revised LUA with rearranged radios for the Hip:

Radio-1: VHF
Radio-2: JAdro
Radio-3: FM

Drag and drop.

Ciribob will implement it in the next release.

Last edited by Tarres; 07-19-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Tarres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #133
Corvus

Great stuff! Thank you for including the option to make radio keys work as a PTT.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #134
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Hey,

Can somebody else check to see if the "G" is appearing next to the UHf Frequency in the Radio Frequency Overlay when "BOTH" is selected on the A-10C UHf Radio?

(Noticed it before leaving for work and didn't have time to verify.)

Sierra

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme , Windows 10, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:33 PM   #135
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
Hey,

Can somebody else check to see if the "G" is appearing next to the UHf Frequency in the Radio Frequency Overlay when "BOTH" is selected on the A-10C UHf Radio?

(Noticed it before leaving for work and didn't have time to verify.)

Sierra
Yeah I just noticed this while testing encryption just now.

Sorry, happened when reording the radios. Might do a release tonight to fix and add encryption.

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 07-15-2016, 09:57 PM   #136
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Actually here's some LUA that'll fix it. Just replace the one in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts (no need for an installer)

Attached are some screenshots showing the Encrypted Radio working in DCS. The +E indicates which radio will have voice encryption enabled. The radio is selected with either C/RAD 1 (UHF) or C/RAD 2 (VHF). Setting the KY58 to plain turns off encryption.

With the voice encryption turned on and activated on either the VHF or UHF radio, anyone else on the same frequency without Voice encryption or if the Fill channel doesnt match will just hear white noise. You will still be able to receive non encrypted voice without issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Encryption OFF.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	144289   Click image for larger version

Name:	encrypt VHF.JPG
Views:	89065
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	144290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Encrypt UHF.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	144291  

Attached Files
File Type: lua DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua (31.6 KB, 29 views)

Old 07-16-2016, 03:57 AM   #137
Sacha

Wonderful work ! Can't wait to see this fully implemented on Blueflag.

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on YouTube
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0Ghz
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR3
MSI Gaming V - LEPA 700W Gold
Seagate SSHD 1To - Track IR Pro 4
MSI Geforce GTX 970 - Zalman Z11 HF1 Plus
Sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:39 AM   #138
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Yeah I just noticed this while testing encryption just now.

Sorry, happened when reording the radios. Might do a release tonight to fix and add encryption.
Ciribob,

No need to apologize. Things like this happen! Thank you for all you're doing.

Sierra

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme , Windows 10, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:50 AM   #139
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Actually here's some LUA that'll fix it. Just replace the one in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts (no need for an installer)

Attached are some screenshots showing the Encrypted Radio working in DCS. The +E indicates which radio will have voice encryption enabled. The radio is selected with either C/RAD 1 (UHF) or C/RAD 2 (VHF). Setting the KY58 to plain turns off encryption.

With the voice encryption turned on and activated on either the VHF or UHF radio, anyone else on the same frequency without Voice encryption or if the Fill channel doesnt match will just hear white noise. You will still be able to receive non encrypted voice without issue.
How are ya handling the "Fill" aspect?

Old 07-16-2016, 06:25 AM   #140
StandingCow

It would be nice if, once finished, ED added this in the game as default. An in game voice comm would be fantastic.

~Moo
StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote