Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

• ED Team
Now you have your keys? You've been flying over Normandy for long time... :lol::lol: :music_whistling:

I get access to temp testing keys for testing. But I dont use them beyond testing, and replace them with real keys as soon as they are available :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That last Wags video riding a Su-27 looks stunning. Really good looking new water, those wave white plumes so realistic. Terrain bumps and hills looks so natural :beer: .

At the video end, I wonder why Le Havre is lacking an aerodrome. Wasn't still there by 1944?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Both keys locked and loaded :pilotfly:

Awesome. Just got mine too.

That little $40 wager I placed in 2013 has been a great investment.

For now I'm keeping my head down on work and I don't bother thinking about Normandy. It would just be torture. I'll peak back here again at the end of May.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Question for Wags. Please clear this up. What is the deal with us who have pre-purchased, will we get access at the same time as the backers?

It wouldn't be necessary to create two separate keys if you were going to. It also would not be referred to as Closed Alpha.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Awesome. Just got mine too.

That little $40 wager I placed in 2013 has been a great investment.

For now I'm keeping my head down on work and I don't bother thinking about Normandy. It would just be torture. I'll peak back here again at the end of May.

yeah certainly the best $40 I,ve ever spent to :)

It wouldn't be necessary to create two separate keys if you were going to. It also would not be referred to as Closed Alpha.

I have a feeling that the Assets Packs upset a couple of weeks ago will be nothing in comparison if this is true. My friend just bought the bundle because word was that it might be out earlier than expected. Oh well... Im still waiting for an official answer.

I got the map as pre-purchase and don't see a key yet in my account.

But I think those who took part in the original crowd funding do deserve as many of the promised rewards as possible. If that means I'll have to wait a week or a month while they get exclusive closed Alpha access, that's fine with me. Means they can report the early bugs and my first access will probably be a bit smoother. ;)

• Like 2

Means they can report the early bugs and my first access will probably be a bit smoother. ;)

I, personally, will make sure to save a bug or two for you. ;)

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I got the map as pre-purchase and don't see a key yet in my account.

But I think those who took part in the original crowd funding do deserve as many of the promised rewards as possible. If that means I'll have to wait a week or a month while they get exclusive closed Alpha access, that's fine with me. Means they can report the early bugs and my first access will probably be a bit smoother. ;)

I, personally, will make sure to save a bug or two for you. ;)

And label it the Yurgon bug! :thumbup:

• Like 3

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I have a feeling that the Assets Packs upset a couple of weeks ago will be nothing in comparison if this is true. My friend just bought the bundle because word was that it might be out earlier than expected. Oh well... Im still waiting for an official answer.

Don't get mad at me because I put money down years ago. We were promised with early Alpha access from other developer. If Ed decides not to do that, it would still be ok by me. I am just happy either way it is almost here. Will have many hours of pleasure on this map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Ed decides not to do that, it would still be ok by me. I am just happy either way it is almost here.

Agreed. After three years, a few weeks, either way, isn't a big deal.

The backers get Normandy, WWII modules, Asset Packs and closed access for like 20-40$ total... and I have no problem whatsoever with that. But we who chipped in a lot of $$$, buying all WWII aircraft separate over the years, Normandy+Assets don't get the same access to Normandy?

How is that a fair treatment? :huh:

You can say it is "only a few weeks away" or that it is not a "big deal". But it doesn't make me feel less let-down in this situation. I am not mad at anyone, just a bit tired that being a good supporter always feels bittersweet.

Anyways, I have voiced my opinion on the matter. No need to dig deeper into it.

The backers get Normandy, WWII modules, Asset Packs and closed access for like 20-40$ total... and I have no problem whatsoever with that. But we who chipped in a lot of $$$, buying all WWII aircraft separate over the years, Normandy+Assets don't get the same access to Normandy?

How is that a fair treatment? :huh:

You can say it is "only a few weeks away" or that it is not a "big deal". But it doesn't make me feel less let-down in this situation. I am not mad at anyone, just a bit tired that being a good supporter always feels bittersweet.

Anyways, I have voiced my opinion on the matter. No need to dig deeper into it.

Yes I paid more then the $40 dollars to be a backer. I also bought all the modules except a couple of jets and P-51 twice just to support DCS. I have been playing since Lockon. I am not upset whatever Ed chooses. Like I said I am just happy that it is finally coming out. Lets all just try to enjoy this and not feel bittersweet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]