Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 61 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #601
funkyfranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakum View Post
Right now, Im not quite seeing the point of that if its all eventually lumped together , outside of not mixing pages up?
Yes, that and you can more easily take parts in and out again. For example, I have the procedures in all the time but take in and out other stuff like flight plans etc. that are more (mission) specific.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:00 PM   #602
AlaskanGrizzly

Exclamation Version 1.6.8.1 Release

Version 1.6.8.1 is now available.

- Added custom kneeboard support for SA342Mistral
- Added option to use standard DCS kneeboard for MiG-21bis
- Custom kneeboard size can now be manually entered to exact values
- Added links to aircraft manuals in View menu
- Added Spitfire cockpit image

MiG-21bis update:

Kneeboard Builder will no longer be able to support custom kneeboard positioning and color schemes for the MiG-21 default kneeboard as it uses a non-standard file structure that is difficult and bulky to code around.
Instead I have added the option to use the default DCS kneeboard for the MiG-21 which will allow for customization just like with every other DCS aircraft.

Integrity Check Update:

To support custom position and color schemes, Kneeboard Builder modifies three DCS files that will cause integrity check failures. I have not found a workaround.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:06 AM   #603
Kozmyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakum View Post
Sorry, Im not following you? Im not looking for a method as to how to display the keyboard while in flight, then make it go away until needed again. I’m trying to find out if you bring up the kneeboard, can you have selectable tabs (or something) within Kneeboard builder to select the category in which you are trying to review the information you are looking for. E.G. Briefing or Weapons Specs or Etc,,,,,, OR is Kneeboard Builder designed in such a way that any PDFs you import, you simply have to bring up the Kneeboard builder and keep turning pages until you find what you want?
What I was getting was that if you have all these pages loaded in kneeboard then you can set shortcuts to the beginning of each section and cycle select via the shortcuts instead of turning every page. This is in effect very similar to having tabs.
OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro
Kozmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:01 AM   #604
Proteuswave

Hi There

Just downloaded 1.6.8.1 unzipped it into a folder on my desktop and have got the exe selected to run as a administrator and the program keeps crashing on the start up logo. I've tried running without administrator on and in a different windows compatibility mode what am I doing wrong?

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 16gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.
Proteuswave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:44 AM   #605
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteuswave View Post
Hi There

Just downloaded 1.6.8.1 unzipped it into a folder on my desktop and have got the exe selected to run as a administrator and the program keeps crashing on the start up logo. I've tried running without administrator on and in a different windows compatibility mode what am I doing wrong?
Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and e-mail them to me.

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer-> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

For windows 8 / 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #606
Pikey
Veteran

FYI Razbam got dynamic information to appear on their kneeboard and it can directly access the game (laser codes etc) Is there anything programatically that can be leveraged?
Old 12-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #607
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
FYI Razbam got dynamic information to appear on their kneeboard and it can directly access the game (laser codes etc) Is there anything programatically that can be leveraged?
There are several modules that have that feature now. However their kneeboard update logic appears to be hardcoded into their module via C++ and isn't accessible to us.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:21 PM   #608
Proteuswave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and e-mail them to me.

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer-> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

For windows 8 / 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Thanks.
Done ,you've got mail

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 16gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.
Proteuswave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #609
AlaskanGrizzly

Exclamation Version 1.6.8.2 Released

Version 1.6.8.2 is now available.

- Fixed crash at splash screen
Old 12-17-2016, 06:39 PM   #610
Fakum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmyk View Post
What I was getting was that if you have all these pages loaded in kneeboard then you can set shortcuts to the beginning of each section and cycle select via the shortcuts instead of turning every page. This is in effect very similar to having tabs.
Thanks for the tip on "Shortcuts" I will look into that, that is a feature I'm interested in.

I certainly appreciate this app, I don't know what some of you guys are doing on MP servers with IC check though? As AlaskanGrizzly just stated, he has not found a work around for this as of yet.
Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers / Primary Monitor =30” HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 / Secondary Monitor = Acer 23" Touch Screen for Helios / TrackIR4 / Cougar HOTAS w/Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
Fakum is offline   Reply With Quote