Correct Color

dresoccer4

hey team! just wanted to get y'alls opinion on this screenshot i just took on the Normandy map next to Caen. to me it seems very very...green. unnaturally green. this is with all settings maxed out and DS on. (also its January...no snow? :cry: )

is this the correct color for this map, or do i maybe have something that needs fixing?

thanks for any input!

[ATTACH]181564[/ATTACH]

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Nah, it's kind of normal for Normandy. Super-Mario-level colours saturation is an unfortunate "trademark" o this map. As noted elsewhere, it looked better on WIP screens than in release form. Can't do anything about it.

As for the second question, the map was supposed to be used in mid-year scenarios only and thus it doesn't have a winter scenery textures developed for it, only the summer-ish, and autumn-ish ones.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Nah, it's kind of normal for Normandy. Super-Mario-level colours saturation is an unfortunate "trademark" o this map. As noted elsewhere, it looked better on WIP screens than in release form. Can't do anything about it.

As for the second question, the map was supposed to be used in mid-year scenarios only and thus it doesn't have a winter scenery textures developed for it, only the summer-ish, and autumn-ish ones.

thanks for reply! yeah, the reason i asked was because i was watching a pre-release youtube trailer vid and the colors were more "life-like", so i thought maybe there was something wrong with my rendering of it. this map would be rad if it had a winter season. but, as they say, c'est la vie :)

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 4 weeks later...

I agree also, colors must be improved for 2.5 plus what about trees? From new map of Caucasus trees look a lot better.

FiA0q5Rm.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'm not investigating the cause as I don't have the necessary knowledge, but while the terrain color looks kinda okay (you can take a look at how it appears in Google Maps, at least when they scanned it), trees are especially weird: I wrote this in another thread as well, trees receive and reflect light in a very strange way, which also makes their trunks turn green. I took a look at the base tree textures, and tree trunks defenitely look like they're made of wood. My best guess is that something's up with the shading tech. I made a couple of tests modifying the parameters specific for Normandy (the .lua file contained in Mods\Terrain\Normandy\shadingOptions) using the ones identical to 2.5 Caucasus, but couldn't spot any difference in the result. I'll look more into it.

I can suspect that the future implementation of SpeedTree will probably get around this.