Server Configuration

Nybble

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any server configuration possible in DCS:World?

Currently It seems that you set all options, such as restricting external views and the like on a mission by mission basis, however I wish to override this and set it so that any mission I host would, for instance, restrict external views for myself and all clients.

Having a look though /scripts/server.lua didn't net anything of interest.

Hope to hear back soon!

Nybble

DCS Multiplayer Highlights Reel -

Hi Nybble.

Just make sure that when you set your options in DCS World that you tick the box - use the options in all missions. That way any mission your create will enforce those conditions as per the mission editor.

No need to start rewriting scripts or delving into the bowels of the File structure.

Try it.

Regards

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Hey Tyger, cheers for the reply!

So if I follow your method any mission I create will default to my own settings?

What about if I download a custom mission, will I have to manually change them or will they be enforced simply if I host it?

DCS Multiplayer Highlights Reel -

Hey Tyger, cheers for the reply!

So if I follow your method any mission I create will default to my own settings?

What about if I download a custom mission, will I have to manually change them or will they be enforced simply if I host it?

Yes. That is correct. Bottom line? A mission created on your machine will adopt your settings as mentioned. A mission downloaded, once opened in your ME can then be changed in the mission options, and when re-saved will guess what?......................that's right, adopt your settings.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG