I love this plane

Motomouse

I did not try out the Yak-52 during any of the free testing times. But after playing around with GA planes in another 2D flight simulator during the last few days I felt the urge for a GA like plane in DCS and VR.

I really love how the plane handles and feels in VR. I love exploring the environment around the airports in the caucasus and the syria maps. This adds a totally different experience to DCS.

Thanks to the developers for the great model and the detailed manual!

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Hope is to ED finish the missile ASAP. So simple and few bug reports exists.

As amazing aircraft it is, it is great to use for training.

First time Syrian flight I did with Yak-52. I opened editor and added Yak on the map airfield. Took notes about take-off parameters and then planned the flight using editor ruler. Looked for few interesting areas and landmarks, took notes for flight plan.

Then set weather and time, hopped in and started flying. I had a notepad open with notes as kneeboard inside cockpit and flew her by the flight plan.

90 minutes later I landed as planned, about 2 minutes late as I made couple extra circles first time I flew over the mountain ridge to the east, I was so amazed about the visuals.

After that I loaded L-39 for a same flight, this time just estimating distances with watch and completed the route in 30 minutes.

Then loaded Su-27S and did same, completed flight plan in 12 minutes.

It is amazing that how flying slow and low makes you value map more than going fast...

The Sukhoi was easiest as I made the digital flight plan to it. L-39 could have used the NS430 but didn't want to.

Totally going to take her up in the air soon again as it is crazy fun just to cruise around with it.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.