Setting up ATIS on standalone server

Has anyone setup DATIS on a standalone beta server? I've followed the instructions on git and also added the google speech engine key in the server options Lua (obviously because you can't use the UI) nothing in DATIS.log but DATIS starting.

HOGGIT server has this running I believe, there must be a way... :cry:

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

• 1 month later...

I've set up DATIS on ded server and seem to be getting this message in the log.

Copy the content (Mods and Scripts directory) into Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\.
DONE.

Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials and create an API key and restrict API access to Google Text-to-Speech
DONE

Open DCS go to OPTIONS -> SPECIAL -> DCS ATIS, enter the API key into "Google Cloud Access Key" textfield and save
??? Not sure where as I've never seen "SPECIAL"

2019-10-09T00:54:27.363551300-05:00 INFO datis - Starting DATIS version 0.9.0 ...

2019-10-09T00:54:27.364550400-05:00 ERROR datis - Error initializing DATIS: Error: Google Cloud Access key is not set

Any ideas or suggestions to fix this?

Thanks

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've set up DATIS on ded server and seem to be getting this message in the log.

DONE.

DONE

??? Not sure where as I've never seen "SPECIAL"

Any ideas or suggestions to fix this?

Thanks

In the saved games folder (C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Mods\tech\DATIS\Options), find the file called "optionsDB.lua" and edit it with a proper editor* and fix this part:

gcloudAccessKey = DbOption.new():setValue("INSERT YOUR CLOUD ACCESS KEY HERE"):editbox(),

Once it's up and running, you should see an equal number of clients in your SRS-server as you have set up ATIS-stations.

Personally I could not get the commtower setup to work, so I just add "ATIS $airfield $freq" to the mission description.

*Proper editor is VIM, Notepad++ etc., NOT regular Notepad or Emacs (:megalol:)

Edited by TrollingThunder

In the saved games folder (C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Mods\tech\DATIS\Options), find the file called "optionsDB.lua" and edit it with a proper editor* and fix this part:

gcloudAccessKey = DbOption.new():setValue("INSERT YOUR CLOUD ACCESS KEY HERE"):editbox(),

Once it's up and running, you should see an equal number of clients in your SRS-server as you have set up ATIS-stations.

Personally I could not get the commtower setup to work, so I just add "ATIS $airfield $freq" to the mission description.

*Proper editor is VIM, Notepad++ etc., NOT regular Notepad or Emacs (:megalol:)

Fantastic!! Got it working now. I to oils not get the traffic freq to work.

Thank you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem that i am trying to test ATIS before uploading the mission and I cannot get it to establish a connection to SRS. I keep getting the error:

2019-10-18T18:01:58.534090300-04:00 ERROR datis::srs - Error sending/receiving SRS update message: Error: Error establishing TCP connection to SRS

2019-10-18T18:01:58.534090300-04:00 INFO datis::srs - Trying to reconnect update connection in 10 seconds

2019-10-18T18:01:59.163232100-04:00 DEBUG datis - Pausing ...

2019-10-18T18:01:59.469299500-04:00 ERROR datis::srs - Error sending ATIS report to SRS: Error: Error establishing TCP connection to SRS

2019-10-18T18:01:59.469299500-04:00 INFO datis::srs - Trying to reconnect voice connection in 10 seconds

I have the SRS server running on 127.0.0.1

I have a problem that i am trying to test ATIS before uploading the mission and I cannot get it to establish a connection to SRS. I keep getting the error:

2019-10-18T18:01:58.534090300-04:00 ERROR datis::srs - Error sending/receiving SRS update message: Error: Error establishing TCP connection to SRS

2019-10-18T18:01:58.534090300-04:00 INFO datis::srs - Trying to reconnect update connection in 10 seconds

2019-10-18T18:01:59.469299500-04:00 ERROR datis::srs - Error sending ATIS report to SRS: Error: Error establishing TCP connection to SRS

2019-10-18T18:01:59.469299500-04:00 INFO datis::srs - Trying to reconnect voice connection in 10 seconds

I have the SRS server running on 127.0.0.1

I get this after the update as well. Anyone had time to do some testing?

EDIT: Fixed by updating to the latest version of DATIS.

Edited by TrollingThunder
Solved!

Errors like this might be caused because of an incompatible SRS version.

Use DATIS >0.10.0-beta1 for SRS 1.7 and DATIS 0.9.1 for SRS 1.6

Edited by n26
typo

Author of Scratchpad, DATIS, and maintainer of DCS-gRPC.

n26 thank you for your reply, i am using DATIS 0.9.1 and SRS 1.6.

Since you've already said, that you are running DATIS on 127.0.0.1, the only other thing I can think of is that the ports do not match. Is SRS running on the default 5002? Does the port you are running SRS on matches the port setting of DATIS (OPTIONS -> SPECIAL -> DCS ATIS)?

Guys,

I just cannot find Google text-to-speech API in the list of API restrictions of the API key I created. The closest is Google cloud APIs. What am I missing?

Also, when checking the log file in the options/special menu of DATIS, I can see no DATIS logs created in the saved games/DCS.Openbeta/Logs. So I don't even know if DATIS is launching. The thing I know for sure is that nothing happens on my dedi when running the DATIS test mission and when I tune my UHF to the frequencies set.

The SRS server is running on the same PC than the DCS server. I can see no connection being triggered when I jump in the miz.

Hi! Happy user for a good couple of months here :)

Recently after update:ing from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 (and updated OB to 2.5.5.38140 at the same time (and running SRS Server version: 1.6.4.0 since it was released) I have gotten a weird behavior;

All stations connect just fine to SRS but all transmit for 0.5s then stop, then start then stop and so on. Listening in on client SRS it sounds like someone is hitting the SRS-PTT over and over and over without saying anything and this is also visible if I look at the server's SRS Client list. They transmit on and off making the list look a bit like an xmas tree :)

Downgrading to 0.9.0 does not fix the issue.

Has anyone seen something like this? I've enabling debug logging and see no errors and all stations generate text for G-TTS just fine according to the logs.

Hi! Happy user for a good couple of months here :)

Recently after update:ing from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 (and updated OB to 2.5.5.38140 at the same time (and running SRS Server version: 1.6.4.0 since it was released) I have gotten a weird behavior;

All stations connect just fine to SRS but all transmit for 0.5s then stop, then start then stop and so on. Listening in on client SRS it sounds like someone is hitting the SRS-PTT over and over and over without saying anything and this is also visible if I look at the server's SRS Client list. They transmit on and off making the list look a bit like an xmas tree :)

Downgrading to 0.9.0 does not fix the issue.

Has anyone seen something like this? I've enabling debug logging and see no errors and all stations generate text for G-TTS just fine according to the logs.

Should hopefully be fixed in https://github.com/rkusa/DATIS/releases/tag/0.9.2

Thanks for testing 0.9.0 as well, this info was very helpful for finding the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried again with the 1.0.0 Alpha 6 now it is supposed to work with Win TTS.

I installed the files in saved games/DCS Open Beta/Mods/tech and Saved Games/ DCS Open Beta/scripts/Hooks.

When I launch the Open Beta, I can see the Options for DATIS. I am not entering anything about Google Cloud or AWS since I want to use Windows TTS.

I have SRS server 1.7.0.3 with ports 5002 UDP/TCP opened.

I changed the ATIS Test.miz so the name of the static unit at Batumi is ATIS Batumi 252.000, VOICE WIN and launched the standalone server version of DCS Open Beta.

I added a Huey, jumped in and set up the UHF to 252.000. I can see the SRS server starting to transmit on this frequency and I do receive something as my 252.000 frequency overlay in DCS is turning white. But I just can't hear anything. Tried another static object at Kobuleti on 123.500 with still VOICE WIN. Same. Can see SRS adding a player Kobuleti 123.500 AM and transmitting, but still no sound.

What are my next options? Thanks.

• 4 months later...

What do I have to additionally do for this to work with Microsoft Text to Speech?

Since I'm on a German OS I installed the English Language Pack to have the Voice, for example "David".

I set the ATIS Staion in the ME as follows:

ATIS Nellis AFB 270.100, VOICE WIN:David

Still gives me the gcloud API Error in the Log?

And no connected ATIS Stations to SRS.

They show up for each about 1 second then disconnect.

I wish this would be a bit better documented. I've been trying to make this work for about two hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Major errors with DATIS.

Never had this before with DATIS until I've updated to the LATEST SRS. With the latest SRS 1.8.0 and the latest DATIS 10 alpha I'm getting alot of errors. Anyone getting this :censored: issue. I also posted in the https://github.com/rkusa/DATIS on multiple error.

Anyone see this when using? DATIS I'm not sure and can't see any issues on my end as I've just followed the instructions.

DATIS-Issue-1.8.0-SRS.png

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Ok im still having trouble with this on our server. Its not even creating a DATIS log?

Am i correct in thinking i copy the mods and scripts folders over then add a static to an airfield and name it like this ... ATIS Kutaisi 251.000, TRAFFIC 252.000, VOICE WIN

Is this mod being supported at all?

Never had this before with DATIS until I've updated to the LATEST SRS. With the latest SRS 1.8.0 and the latest DATIS 10 alpha I'm getting alot of errors. Anyone getting this :censored: issue. I also posted in the https://github.com/rkusa/DATIS on multiple error.

Anyone see this when using? DATIS I'm not sure and can't see any issues on my end as I've just followed the instructions.

DATIS-Issue-1.8.0-SRS.png

Cheers

Now I'm getting the exact same issue as you

Now I'm getting the exact same issue as you

Talking to Criribob. I found that the best thing was to completely uninstall SRS and reinstall. What I found was my server is strictly setup as a server and my issue was when updating SRS there was an option to install client scripts. If you using SRS install strictly as a server say “NO” to the client scripts as they are not needed. After doing that it was fixed. Also, make sure you have the latest install for DATIS. I was talking to Rkusa as well on some issues I found and he has been updating the DATIS. There is a Beta.3 out there that works like a charm.

Sorry for the late reply

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Talking to Criribob. I found that the best thing was to completely uninstall SRS and reinstall. What I found was my server is strictly setup as a server and my issue was when updating SRS there was an option to install client scripts. If you using SRS install strictly as a server say “NO” to the client scripts as they are not needed. After doing that it was fixed. Also, make sure you have the latest install for DATIS. I was talking to Rkusa as well on some issues I found and he has been updating the DATIS. There is a Beta.3 out there that works like a charm.

Sorry for the late reply

Thanks for the heads up buddy. Will take another look