F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

The swordsmen liveries are simply outstanding - thank you so much for those pieces of art. However I noticed some strange patterns in the Rio pit when turning on the instrument and side Panel lightings. I dont know if it is a bug that was introduced with one of the recent updates or if it has to do with your (wonderful ;) ) custom Cockpit liveries.

Screen-191109-173408.png

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

The swordsmen liveries are simply outstanding - thank you so much for those pieces of art. However I noticed some strange patterns in the Rio pit when turning on the instrument and side Panel lightings. I dont know if it is a bug that was introduced with one of the recent updates or if it has to do with your (wonderful ;) ) custom Cockpit liveries.

Screen-191109-173408.png

I got that too. In RIO pit. Skins are still the bomb

Thank you for many downloads!

I am happy to release VF-32 OIF Pack.

Please look forward to the my next project:thumbup:

Thanks a lot!

Wow, so great - thanks for fixing that lighing issue that quickly and again for your outstanding work. I'm so looking forward to the Jolly Rogers - with all those fictional liveries out there, it's great to see that someone provides actual B model skins.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

LOD

Hi guys!

Am getting into skinning and working on the LOD file ATM. Couldn't find much help online so I thought I'd ask here. My current skin allows visibility of the paint until about .7 nm after which it changes to gray. Is this the limit of the game or is my lod file not right?

Cheers, Rodge

wip24.png

Edited by r_vandenbroek
Added screen of skin wip

Hi guys!

Am getting into skinning and working on the LOD file ATM. Couldn't find much help online so I thought I'd ask here. My current skin allows visibility of the paint until about .7 nm after which it changes to gray. Is this the limit of the game or is my lod file not right?

Cheers, Rodge

wip24.png

Your LOD file is correct. You to edit a texture file named HB_F14_LOD1_3in1 and shrink all edited files down to 512x512. I use an existing one from another texture as it makes it easier to discern the different textures.

Edited by Hornet_101

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR