Taxiing

Dave317

• ED Team

Please add a track replay showing the behaviour

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I don't know if this will help in-game but never taxi with any collective.

Is that RL procedure? Because the flight manual states to add 1-2° collective for taxiing. Not saying the manual is right just curious what is actually flown (or rather taxied)

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

The flight manual should be the same as the real flight manual, I'd have to double check. But our procedure is to not use any collective at all unless required just to get it rolling but once it's rolling keep the collective bottomed out. Otherwise it just starts rolling too fast and you end up using a lot of brakes.

EDIT: I looked it up. It does say to add 1 to 2 degrees of collective pitch to start to taxi. Then adjust taxi speed as necessary using cyclic, collective, and brakes. At work we do sometimes (not always) use collective to get rolling, but we never use it while taxiing.

Edited by AlphaOneSix