Pop-up control via Saitek X52 Pro?

Diplocaulus

I'm really loving the the NS430. This is a great addition!

I have been trying to set up my Saitek X52 Pro to control some features of the NS430 pop-up, in particular the NS430's rotary knobs. Unfortunately, while I can control the knobs from the X52 throttle via its pair of rotary knobs (#32 and 39 on the X52 control panel), the signal from the X52 is too coarse to be useful, i.e., one roll click of the X52's knob = two to three "clicks" of the NS430, making ICAO codes impossible to enter.

I also tried mapping the NS430's knobs to the X52's joystick toggles (#9-14 on the X52 control panel), but in that case engaging the X52's toggle causes the NS430's knobs to spin too fast to be useful.

Is there any way to tweak the resolution of these inputs between the X52 and NS430?

Thanks.

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this exact same problem as well. I am using the NS430 in VR built in to the L-39c cockpit.

However I am using the Thrustmaster Warthog. no matter what delays I put in to the key presses or change from pulse to hold, when using the joystick buttons the NS430 always responds as though its on fast tune as opposed to fine tune. The result being it jumps several key clicks ahead.

i7 8700k @ 4.9 Ghz, MB Asrock Taichi, 32 Meg DDR4, Nvidia GTX 1080TI, Samsung SSD 960 Pro M2.

"The Royal Air Force has a reputation for the delivery of agile, adaptable and capable Air Power".

I have continued to troubleshoot it and have found the following fix.

In the Thrustmaster configuration utility it has the following settings:

1) Character generation rate

2) Pulse event time

I have attached a screenshot.

I lowered the setting from 20 & 35 respectively to 5 & 5, which was a step in the right direction however this caused the knob rotation to be hit and miss.

So raising the values to 10 & 10 has worked and the knobs now rotate smoothly and the menus advance at the correct rate. I now need to test it more thoroughly to ensure the key presses for everything else in the sim work correctly with these values.

i7 8700k @ 4.9 Ghz, MB Asrock Taichi, 32 Meg DDR4, Nvidia GTX 1080TI, Samsung SSD 960 Pro M2.

"The Royal Air Force has a reputation for the delivery of agile, adaptable and capable Air Power".