JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

if i understand correctly even pakistani field modification fuel probe was a block 2 thing?
I was more joking. In fact asking for an "artistic license" to maybe add it, nonetheless... Two hearts beating in my chest, here. On the one hand I want realism and love the fact that DCS models as close to real life as possible. On the other hand I see the need for refuel capacity for a multirole jet like this and would like to see it integrated. Difficult...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Guest Guest

I hope Deka opts for the version of JF-17 with a refueling probe. I don't think anyone wants a high fidelity fighter with short legs that can't be refueled in the air. In my opinion not having a refueling probe would drastically limit what you can do in the JF-17 and its appeal. In my opinion one big reason the F-5 sucks which makes it hard to enjoy is it doesn't have a AAR probe and has really short legs.

accepting and working around an aircraft's limitations is what gives it uniqueness and value.
Well, they put a refuelling probe for a reason. Likely "working around the limitations of an aircraft" couldn't make up for the severely limited strike and CAS calability. To let the enemy invade your country simply to have him close enough, to drop some bombs on his forces, let's say it doesn't sound like a good idea. ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Well, they put a refuelling probe for a reason. Likely "working around the limitations of an aircraft" couldn't make up for the severely limited strike and CAS calability. To let the enemy invade your country simply to have him close enough, to drop some bombs on his forces, let's say it doesn't sound like a good idea. ;)

there is only one goal in reality and that is to win. obviously if the paks could they, would also just opt for f-22s instead.

aviation enthusiasts can afford the luxury of having interests beyond simply the goal of winning conflicts though. we're interested in how all the various aspects of a particular aircraft affect the usage and results in practice. watching a mig-21 spiral up and away from me in the f-5 made me appreciate the thrust of the f-15 in a new light. running out of gas after 30 minutes in the bf-109 gave me a new perspective on the concept of endurance.

it's these sorts of insights that makes study sims truly a learning experience, and trying to avoid the pain of these very real issues is actually doing yourself a disservice.

so im not saying im against the jf-17 having aar capability. i'm saying it shouldn't be something you should feel disappointed about at all about, whether or not it has it or not. you should just accept the airplane you get for what it is.

Edited by probad

there is only one goal in reality and that is to win. obviously if the paks could they, would also just opt for f-22s instead.

aviation enthusiasts can afford the luxury of having interests beyond simply the goal of winning conflicts though. we're interested in how all the various aspects of a particular aircraft affect the usage and results in practice. watching a mig-21 spiral up and away from me in the f-5 made me appreciate the thrust of the f-15 in a new light. running out of gas after 30 minutes in the bf-109 gave me a new perspective on the concept of endurance.

it's these sorts of insights that makes study sims truly a learning experience, and trying to avoid the pain of these very real issues is actually doing yourself a disservice.

so im not saying im against the jf-17 having aar capability. i'm saying it shouldn't be something you should feel disappointed about at all about, whether or not it has it or not. you should just accept the airplane you get for what it is.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I will enjoy the plane either way. I just would appreciate the option, as it opens a lot more if the multirole calability the newer Blocks of the JF-17 has, through the longer endurance.

Strike missions, especially deep strikes, are very limited and that means in many scenarios where a JF-17 would be cool in a ground attack role, or even limited swing role, it would suffer a severe range penalty.

You can always add some droptanks, but the option of AAR would be great.

I guess Deka would love to do the late Block 2 with datalink and refueling probe, but that's may be difficult, as it means more recent and likely classified systems, they can't get clearance for.

Let's see what they finally come up with.

Shagrat

Is there any chance of getting ASELPOD with JF-17? Or is this thingy is too new for it?

To my knowlege, Deka have finished radar/WMD7 pod/MIL pod, and weapon deployment/guidance, AA missiles/AG missiles/bombs/rockets/gun.

It's not hard to model game-play level sensors,

if we want something works like RL ones, it takes time.

Edited by L0op8ack

To my knowlege, Deka have finished radar/WMD7 pod/MIL pod, and weapon deployment/guidance, AA missiles/AG missiles/bombs/rockets/gun.

Really? in full Sim mode?

I have no questions about Deka Sim's capabilities. My only question was will they ever do ASELPOD to JF-17 which is getting used/tried by Pakistan Air Force.

I have no questions about Deka Sim's capabilities. My only question was will they ever do ASELPOD to JF-17 which is getting used/tried by Pakistan Air Force.

I dont think Deka have enough specifications of ASELPOD,

we can wait

Guest Guest

I'm thinking about it more in more of a capability perspective compared to the blue jets like the Hornet and Tomcat which are both AAR capable. Yeah sure, learning how to deal with the aspects where a jet sucks is probably a good thing, I just think having a probe and being able to refuel in air will make the JF-17 a more competitive modern full fidelity multirole fighter which last time I checked redfor didn't have.

Hey guys, some of you must be aware of a proposed JF-17 module by Deka Ironworks of Beijing. While there's a Russian forum topic for it I was surprised there was no English forum counterpart. I suppose it's too obscure an aircraft for some NATO weenies, and Chinese nomenclature is too obtuse to bother with for others, but it's definitely deserving of some enthusiasm, especially as a counterpoint to the F/A-18C.

Thanks for the Fun and informative read what a tangled web we weave.. just makes one kinda wonder if things in Iran would have simmered a little longer what kinda Modified F-14 would have resulted we them getting everything they wanted not just the limited items we had in place before things happened and the end result staying the same...

Very Interesting Perfect TOP GUN II Bandit.. will spice things up a bit in the air and if its done well enough I may shell out Some $$ and grab my self the module...

Edited by uboats

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

@Bad_Karma-701 No offense, but quoting such a long, pictured post is really irretating for all other readers. A whole lot of people need to to a whole lotta scrolling to get past it. I think it is more convinient if you simply refer to the pertaining post, there even is a post number in the top right corner of each post. That would be #1 in this case. Hope i don't sound rude, but i fell this quoting stuff has gone a bit overboard in a lot of fora. Cheers mate.

@Bad_Karma-701 No offense, but quoting such a long, pictured post is really irretating for all other readers. A whole lot of people need to to a whole lotta scrolling to get past it. I think it is more convinient if you simply refer to the pertaining post, there even is a post number in the top right corner of each post. That would be #1 in this case. Hope i don't sound rude, but i fell this quoting stuff has gone a bit overboard in a lot of fora. Cheers mate.

thanks, edited his post to make it shorter :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hello everyone, hope you are enjoying the hornet as well as the exciting news about the upcoming falcon, hind, cobra and phantom modules. Here, we would like to hype you a bit more with this simple demo video of an early WIP AG radar and MITL. We just finished the prototype of AG radar and will polish it (more realistic appearance, no look-through effect etc).

Regarding the MITL, we are currently completing the functions and will later polish the graph effect (the current image looks too clean etc). Although we've implemented DL antenna limitation, it's not shown in this demo video. Some hint of the WIP MITL of CM-802AKG: 1. you will not receive the camera image from missile until it's 20-30km from target where the IR/TV sensor starts to work. 2. after hitting the target, there would be no snow screen but static on last frame.

At last, wish you a happy weekend and International Children's Day

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Really wish DEKA the best success with this. The JF-17 is the only fixed wing aircraft in the pipe that I'm truly looking forwards to now that we have the F-18. It's good to see they are making progress with it.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

:thumbup: no its no problem, still new to the workings of the forums after i saw the post I tried to figure out how to shorten it to no avail so thanks for the Tip.

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

Guest Guest

So the sales pitch for the JF-17 IRL is that it has similar capabilities as western fighters at 1/3 the cost.

Does that mean the DCS JF-17 will be 1/3 the price of the it's western DCS counterparts?

So the sales pitch for the JF-17 IRL is that it has similar capabilities as western fighters at 1/3 the cost.

Does that mean the DCS JF-17 will be 1/3 the price of the it's western DCS counterparts?

IrggJuE.jpg

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Not exactly. The sales pitch is, that for the same price three flights of 2 JF-17 will rip one flight of 2 F-16 apart...

2 against 6 seems like good odds.

Shagrat