Dirty canopy glass?

but what I would really want, is the heavy distortion found in the 4 fwd panels, which is in the real Spit and would add to realism.

That distortion only applied to the early windscreens fitted to Mk Is, IIs and VA/VBs: these had curved side panels and an external bullet-resistant windscreen: (Spitfire VB, Flt Lt Eric Lock, 611 Sqn, July 1941.)

sd5_zpsdk6iclgt.jpg

From the VC series on, the structure was composed of optically flat panels, including the internal bullet-resistant windscreen: (Spitfire L.F Mk. IX, Sqn Ldr John Plagis, 126 Sqn July 1944)

plagis-spit-MUSCAT_zps6qdbeamq.jpg

OK chaps. Thanks for clearing up that windscreen for me.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

With the DCS in-game visibility already being inherently much worse than real life in general terms, especially air-to-air contact wise, adding poor quality cockpit visibility on top as well feels like adding insult to injury IMHO as a customer.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Pratt & Whitney coughed.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

What do you suppose happened???

The engine suffered damage and splattered a non-sequitur all over the canopy and pilot.:music_whistling:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

(re: Message #1)

Somebody will create a clean-glass cockpit as a mod.

Still a bit early for Spit mods, yet.

Keep an eye on the User Files newbies.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

yup, been looking for this.....:music_whistling:

P-51, 109K4, 190D9, Spitfire MK IX, Normady :joystick:

i7 7700K, 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, ASRock Z270 board, Corsair 1000w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 24”, 180Hz/1ms, G-SYNC Monitor, Trackir 5, mfg Crosswind pedals, TM warthog,

Someone I know was able to help out, hadn't bothered them with it because they have a quite busy life but it turns out it wasn't a huge job and they offered to spend a half hour on it. Still all a mystery to me how he did it though :confused:

Anyway I've uploaded it to user files so probably be visible tomorrow. Entirely up to your personal choice as to whether you use it or not. Unfortunately the Spit 9c is not yet set up in the unit or game list so I had to go with Any version and Other but it is under Mods and JSGME ready - I'll edit this post to include a link when it is available.

Edited by Stonehouse
  • Like 1

What do you suppose happened???

Ltn Edwin King of the 350th Fighter Group came home to Pisa, Italy, the hard way and found that a jug can go for at least a short time, with hardly any oil at all. An oil line was hit during a strafing mission near Brizsua on the planes 110th combat mission.

4290150988_1285716fbf_z.jpg

Someone I know was able to help out, hadn't bothered them with it because they have a quite busy life but it turns out it wasn't a huge job and they offered to spend a half hour on it. Still all a mystery to me how he did it though :confused:

Anyway I've uploaded it to user files so probably be visible tomorrow. Entirely up to your personal choice as to whether you use it or not. Unfortunately the Spit 9c is not yet set up in the unit or game list so I had to go with Any version and Other but it is under Mods and JSGME ready - I'll edit this post to include a link when it is available.

+1.....thanks:-)

great, how long does the upload take?:music_whistling::D

i7 7700K, 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, ASRock Z270 board, Corsair 1000w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 24”, 180Hz/1ms, G-SYNC Monitor, Trackir 5, mfg Crosswind pedals, TM warthog,

An option for either clean or dirty would please everyone. I do find a slight movement of the head suffices in determining whether it is dirt or a bandit however, and the Spitfire is so pretty, even with a little grime, I wouldn't want to change anything on the graphics side of things.

Is there a kind graphics artist out there that can clean up the sliding hood perspex please?

I could be very wrong but I was under the impression from my reading of historical accounts that particularly the ground team for an aircraft/pilot in the RAF made a solid attempt to keep the glass as clean and clear as possible before every flight as during wartime specks and dirt on the canopy could = someone getting shot down because a distant contact was obscured or even ignored because it was thought just dirt. I find it makes it even harder than usual to keep track of contacts at a distance because of the dirt. I'd fix it myself if I knew how.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

There are two things needs to be considered:

1) The modules are made based the photographs, that are taken from aircrafts usually out-of-service in a museums (and often outdoors even) where no one is taking care of them and aircrafts are old and weathered. This means, you are flying 2017 an aircraft that is like it is 2017.

2) Modules should come with a two texture sets, the legacy that is like weathered ones like they would be used for years. And then a modern one, where the aircraft is like being in service for few weeks or like from straight from the factory line. Mirage 2000C is more like this second one, it looking like you are sitting in a modern aircraft that has a ground crew chief taking care of your life. And then there are like Mig-21Bis that is like you can't see outdoors as all the fungus and dirt is simply blocking your view.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Sorry the moderators haven't made the uploaded file active yet. I assume that they are just busy and therefore slower than normal to get to it and it should be available soon.

no worries mate, just glad you looked into this to begin with;)

No for me it is the grey blotches that you see at certain angles when generally looking along the wing under certain light conditions. Doesn't look like scratches to me but like dirt blotches and streaks.

<edit> a poor example of a screen shot as it's near 1am for me. At times it is much worse. Almost looks like the scum you get on the inside of a car windscreen from the plastics plus dirt. To me it definitely doesn't look like scratches in the Perspex - having owned a yacht with perspex cabin windows of similar thickness or greater than an aircraft canopy I have seen scratches in perspex from the inside and they don't look like what I see.

Anyway as I said all this was a personal request for some help from the communities graphic artists not anything else.

To me this looks like black exhaust smoke washing back over the canopy.

It seems to happen on the low side of the canopy in a turn and clears after a very short time.

• Like 1