Red Flag Mirage campaign impressive work! - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #21
Accipiter

The AGR Tigers should have 9p Sidewinders. Rear aspect only. So I'm guessing it's the all aspect Magics that may be upping their score? However, I surmise that the Iranians may have upped the spec and purchased Magics for their tigers. So it's probably correct after all.

But as you say, there are some strange artifacts that sometimes present in Tacview? Anyway, the proof of my ineptitude is there in the file.

One thing we all know, is that that AI in DCS needs attention.

Anecdotally, the Mirage is a real handful to dogfight, these missions prove this. There is massive bleed off of airspeed with any big g turns. With only 2 Semi Acive radar missiles and two heat seakers, you gotta use them wisely!

I am looking forward to you doing a Persian Gulf campaign with the Hornet, when it's finished that is.

Regards.

David
Old 10-15-2018, 11:34 PM   #22
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

I hope you will finish this campaign first!
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #23
Accipiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
I hope you will finish this campaign first!
You bet! By the time I do, the Hornet will probably be completed as well..well...maybe not!

Just did #9. But that took a few attempts. Seems like what you answer over the radio alters the AI behaviour? Clever and cunning! I was holding back defending the Bone, after the cleared to engage order. So I missed out on any kills. I ordered my wingman to go radar hot and engage bandits. To my surprise he did, but in a duel with a Falcon, his SAR 530 lost to the Amraam and he died! Must confess I lost situational awareness there and without the Tacview, I wouldn't have known where Anvil was? I thought Anvil was to my west but they were behind me. Superbly realistic!

I would have preferred less chit chat at #3 during orbit. Perhaps more on the way back and since it was Friday, Max offering to buy drinks in the o club....only fair since he bagged 2 Tigers. I loved the opening banter about the ATIS girl....Max getting excited about a robot!

I still don't get any response from ground after landing and going to channel 3?

Regards.

David
Old 10-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #24
baltic_dragon

Hey, glad you're having fun!

As for chatter, I am considering and will probably implement in the future campaigns a "radio silence" order at the beginnig, so player can issue it and be free of chatter, especially if he flies the mission for the second or third time

Yeah, in some missions what you choose over F-10 menu does change how the AI behaves, at least in theory, as in practice they still are the DCS AI.. but sometimes it works pretty well.

With Max just wait to M12, I think that is where he shines the most!

Now thinking about why you don't get ground response - I don't know. Perhaps you use the wrong taxiway? It will normally only work on the last taxiway to the right (alpha I believe).. so you should exit, wait for the pop-up to show about ground, switch to CH3 and then press SP BAR..
Old 10-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #25
Accipiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
Hey, glad you're having fun!

As for chatter, I am considering and will probably implement in the future campaigns a "radio silence" order at the beginnig, so player can issue it and be free of chatter, especially if he flies the mission for the second or third time

Yeah, in some missions what you choose over F-10 menu does change how the AI behaves, at least in theory, as in practice they still are the DCS AI.. but sometimes it works pretty well.

With Max just wait to M12, I think that is where he shines the most!

Now thinking about why you don't get ground response - I don't know. Perhaps you use the wrong taxiway? It will normally only work on the last taxiway to the right (alpha I believe).. so you should exit, wait for the pop-up to show about ground, switch to CH3 and then press SP BAR..
I believe you are correct re the response from ground after landing. I was using the first exit from the runway, about half way along! When I used the exit at the end of the runway and used Alpha, I got the trigger! My fault for landing and stopping so short! Your trigger zone is obviously at the end of the runway.

In #10 the Roland SAM do not engage any of my flight. We were all around 10000' chasing the bandits and the Roland's ignored us! Thankfully and just maybe the French built Roland's don't like shooting at French Mirages!!Lol!

However, seriously, if the Roland's had been active, we all would have died, since ignoring the briefing and not remaining above 25k would have been fatal That missionon was an exercise in getting the flights radars on and ordering them to engage! My two pathetic 530 shots missed! But my French flight fought superbly.

I am more of a Mud Mover pilot, so I am looking at those Tornados with envious eyes! If anyone got around to doing a Tornado module, I'd be first in the queue.

Yes I am enjoying your Red Flag in the Mirage. You are a very talented chap sir!

Regards

David
Old 10-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #26
Accipiter

#11.
Answered "Tigers and F4s". Got no AGR opposition. I thought, well fine, sometime it's routine!

But, after wp6, on route to Truck Stop, there were radio messages to re engage back in the AO? Almost as if the program didn't know I'd RTB after the Winchester call on behalf of the Hogs?

So bit concerned about the flow on this one?

Crosswind was nice though.

Regards

David
Old 10-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #27
baltic_dragon

This is the one with A-10s? Then you should fly together with the A-10s to the AO, wait for them to engage targets. Then at some point you are asked to intercept two Su-24s... and I won't spoil the rest the F-10 choice does not have any influence on the AGR - my guess is you missed something or wasn't where you were supposed to be. Did you fly with the A-10s and wait for them to engage the targets? Perhaps you were on a wrong freq and missed the call about the Su-24s?