US F/A-18E Shoots Down Syrian Su-22

whats the diference from USAF and US Navy? isnt it from the same country? oh right, they dont have anything to fight so they fight each other.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

So it looks like this is the first aerial kill of the Rhino!

image.jpg?width=401&height=475

It's still funny, because what's the F-15s Combat Kill : Loss Ratio now? and What's the Super Bugs?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

just sayin', they coulda used a jet that didnt have a combat record of 140+ : 0

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

whats the diference from USAF and US Navy? isnt it from the same country? oh right, they dont have anything to fight so they fight each other.

:doh::helpsmilie::doh:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Has anyone heard what weapon was used?

AIM-120, lol, j/k

Edited by SkateZilla

Could you cite your source for this? I wasn't able to find anything about what weapon was employed, but I am curious, too. :D

There is no source, such an engagement is likely been classified now.

There is no source, such an engagement is likely been classified now.

I assume you found that out because of cinnections??? Anyway hopefully in the next weeks this is clarified, im surprised there isnt much in the news about it

I assume you found that out because of cinnections??? Anyway hopefully in the next weeks this is clarified, im surprised there isnt much in the news about it

Well, I Saw a Tweet claiming 2 Short Range Missiles were Fired, 1st one was defeated, 2nd one fired at >1nm and hit target.

Edited by SkateZilla

This photo taken June 6th, 2017 appears to show AIM-9s being used in Operation Inherent Resolve, which is what I'd bet on being used given your reports of it being a close-range missile, which would also be significantly easier to defeat given it's slower speed, and since they're most likely there for CAS patrols. But this is all speculation of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

AIM-9X is not supposed to be "easy" to dodge especially in a Su-22. It's very likely the Syrian pilot to have had no clue about the Super Hornet being around not to mention shooting. AIM-120 is not very likely to have been used in this case given that it really matters to be sure at who you are shooting at hence the need to come WVR and identify. My guess is 9X, single shot.

Edited by =RvE=Tito

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

It's still funny, because what's the F-15s Combat Kill : Loss Ratio now? and What's the Super Bugs?

You can always say both have 100% kills with zero losses.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

AIM-9X is not supposed to be "easy" to dodge especially in a Su-22. It's very likely the Syrian pilot to have had no clue about the Super Hornet being around not to mention shooting. AIM-120 is not very likely to have been used in this case given that it really matters to be sure at who you are shooting at hence the need to come WVR and identify. My guess is 9X, single shot.

Agreed on all counts!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

A Syrian Su-22 flying in Syrian airspace probably wasn't expecting to be launched on by a country that that isn't formally engaged in hostilities with Syria, so even putting aside the 25 year generational difference in the aircraft, the Su-22 would have been a sitting duck...

Cheers.