Hydraulic systems

Reflected

I got hit during the mission and lost the Utility Hydraulic system, therefore the airbrakes and the landing gear. The normal was OK so I had flight controls. My question is: Is there any way to operate the airbrakes and landing gear from the normal system?

Is there an emergency gear handle? I could only find an "Emergency up" button. I need the opposite.

What is that switch on the left side that says alternate/ normal/ reset, and I have to switch it to alternate when I start up the Sabre?

Thanks!

There is emergency gear release at the bottom of the center weapons panel the stick is blocking your view. It is in the center bottom...

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

I got hit during the mission and lost the Utility Hydraulic system, therefore the airbrakes and the landing gear. The normal was OK so I had flight controls. My question is: Is there any way to operate the airbrakes and landing gear from the normal system?

Is there an emergency gear handle? I could only find an "Emergency up" button. I need the opposite.

What is that switch on the left side that says alternate/ normal/ reset, and I have to switch it to alternate when I start up the Sabre?

Thanks!

Hydraulic system explained in more detail:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2339476&postcount=7

There are handles for operating the gear and air brake in case of emergency. You can see this in the hydraulic system image:

wp95qVY.jpg

The handle for releasing the landing gear is behind the stick:

GydDc4w.jpg

However I can't find the emergency air brake handle, maybe our Sabre version does not have one.

Alternate/Normal/Reset switch: You have a backup system for the Normal system, the Alternate system. The Sabre starts with the Alternate system, thus you need to switch to the Normal system after startup. This is done by flipping this switch.

Edited by Zabuza

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late on a reply but I think our Sabre does have the Speed Brake Emergency lever because I remember using it before. I'd have to jump in sim to be sure though. One thing to note though that the emergency lever for the speed brake will not OPEN the speedbrake. Its hooked up to a relief valve that will dump any pressure holding the speedbrakes open and cause the airflow to force them closed. This would be used if the normal control fails to close the speedbrake since having the speedbrakes stuck open could be disastrous in a low energy state such as in a go-around. I believe, although I'd have to confirm, that if you place the emergency handle back to normal you can use the speed brakes again. To test this, simply extend the speedbrakes and put the emergency lever in EMERG CLOSED (full forward) position, and the speedbrakes should close. Position the control back to norm and try the speedbrakes again.

*edited for phrasing*

Edited by justinm11