best way to fight a mig?

pepto

so is the saber a better turner? i notice that its sweetspot appears to be in the 400 knot range, however maintaining that is pretty challenging. what's the best way to counter the mig's greater climbing advantage? for example when i play in the mig i always loiter high above the sabre, using my superior thrust and energy to always maintain the high ground, while in the sabre what would be the best thing to do while being circled overhead and pounced on? i feel like the sabre would have an advantage in turning especially with the g-suit but i could be wrong

According to a comics I have read (buck danny ^^) the MIG can fall in an unrecoverable stall if you manage to put it in a steep turn. But dunno if this is true or if this works in DCS ;)

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

According to a comics I have read (buck danny ^^) the MIG can fall in an unrecoverable stall if you manage to put it in a steep turn. But dunno if this is true or if this works in DCS ;)

It gets very much unmaneuverable when it gets too fast while in a steep turn. Most MiG pilots know to avoid this though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Keep your energy state up. Do not get into a rolling scissors vs the Mig, especially a vertical one.

Remember that the F-86 can break mach 1 in a dive, the Mig cannot without loss of control starting around mach .90-.95.

The G-suit gives the F86 pilot a +.5 G advantage I read somewhere on the forum.

i7 3930k @ 4.7GHz | GTX 980 Ti | 16GB G.Skill 2133 Quad Channel | Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Win7 ProX64 | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | CH Throttle | BenQ XL2730Z 1440p

• 3 weeks later...

Yup... try letting him loose his energy advantage. The age-old trick with enemy planes with superior ceiling and climbing speed. Then 'corner' him with a quick max-G turn and rip loose with the .50's! and the awesome gunsight.

Seriously. Just keep turning. It is an awesome flying machine. The usual low-speed problems are not really noticable above 300kts and only get a bit annoying at 250.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: