Samsung C49HG90 anyone have DCS experience?

Hi

I have a 27" monitor with two 24" monitors (one each side) in a 3 monitor setup.

I use this for A10 and Huey.

I desperately am waiting for the FA18 module.

I'm seriously considering the above monitor, despite loathing Samsung with a fiery passion, however, I can't find ANYONE who has tested this with DCS, and particularly in respect to replacing a triple monitor setup with this one monitor.

Does anyone out there have any experience that hasn't been shared already, YouTube doesn't have anything and neither does a google search reveal anyones impressions.

Thanks

The alternative monitor I'm considering is the LG38UC99 which has a slightly higher resolution despite being 11" smaller and has built in speakers. And it's not made by SamShite.

But that 11" could be the difference between a real 3 monitor replacement....

Yes I do:

Newcockpitsmall.jpg

Along with 3 X 23 inches touchscreens for main panel, overhead and center console. The Samsung 49 inches is replacing my triple screen setup. The 49 inches is actually 2 screens side by side, but with the curvature, you don't see much difference with my previous triple screen config regarding the field of view. The pretty cool thing it that it removes one screen for DCS and it gave me a serious boost in the fps.

All other screens displays Helios + Capt Zeen panels and I have to better integrate the Saitek pro flight panels integrated to DCS through DCS Flight Panels. Controls are coming from Helisimmer.de and are reproduction of Huey's cyclic and collective.

@bad_crc

Thank you.

That’s a great cockpit and great information.

I guess with all the other touchscreens the reduced resolution on the Samsung isn’t too bad of a problem.

It also has a shallow curve, so you don’t you’re missing on peripheral information when flying the helicopter especially when landing?

@Abburo: It sits in parts in the room. I moved out and my new place is not big enough to have two cockpits; Since I am flying several type of helicopters, I was looking for something more generic where I could switch from one cockpit to another. I might have to sell my Ka50 cockpit because it is just gathering dust right now. :((

@Elphaba: The fact that the 49' does not boast some 4K or 8K resolution is great because it would have put DCS and my computer on its knees. I am running now a nice 60 to 70 fps with just two GTX 780Ti. You are right about peripheral information. Triple screens made my trackIR almost useless since I had a nearly 180 degrees view. Now I need TrackIR again. I am thinking of playing with the field of view parameter in DCS to see if I can get something a bit better than the default FoV.