[REPORTED] Laggy netcode ruining defensive maneuvering in MP

Recent MP issues / Instability

Actually, in most cases ED relies on MP feedback more than anything, you guys in the trenches flying big missions online on a regular basis is better feedback than ED can generate most of the time. So threads like this are important as long as there is sufficient data and info to report it.

I would personally love to see regular ED run MP tests, its not always feasible, so ED relies on all of you. That is why there is a bug section and why its explained what ED needs.

Hi Sith,

1. I fly online with a small group, the 62nd Fighting Falcons in Queensland Australia, after recent 1.57 updates we are seeing some network issues and gun runs and CBU strikes causing lag in game between people in the same city with 30-40 ping between each other and the server.

Secondly last night I created a simple 4 ship F5-E mission to test for a display. The mission was created with the latest 1.57 version available in the stable version.

I hosted it, and as each person joined the multiplayer mission there DCS instance crashed back to desktop.

We then moved it to,our online server to check if it was just me hosting, but same thing occurred. I have included the server crash log and the mission.

DCS Crash Log.txt

Smerch Convoy.miz

Edited by Boomer_QLD
Remainder of message was cut off unexpectedly

Sith, for ED, what kind of information, besides server and client logs, would be beneficial?

We can supply ED with Twitch streams, timed videos of the F10 map, dxdiags and all sorts. Even network usage screenshots or what have you.

The 132nd can set up dedicated events with dedicated bug-finding missions running in order to provide data. We just need to know what ED wants to see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• ED Team
Sith, for ED, what kind of information, besides server and client logs, would be beneficial?

We can supply ED with Twitch streams, timed videos of the F10 map, dxdiags and all sorts. Even network usage screenshots or what have you.

The 132nd can set up dedicated events with dedicated bug-finding missions running in order to provide data. We just need to know what ED wants to see.

Everything you mention is helpful, when we can show examples of issues it makes things easier for the team.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just thinking, how many of you use a custom autoexec.cfg for network traffic handling?

The 104th server still has one in place too, here is the contents of my file and the one from the 104th server.

Is the autoexec.cfg file even used by the game anymore?

My server has the line:

options.graphics.render3D = false

added but it no longer prevents graphics from showing. So is my line no longer supported, or is the entire autoexec.cfg file no longer used by the game? :dunno:

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

That still works here, tried with the latest version and 2 versions back (the stable one).

Make sure to put it in Saved Games/DCS/Config.

Edited by Coug4r

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Two short clips showing gunshot desync between shooter and spectator (no hits on my view but target takes damage). Simple BFM mission, no ground units or AWACS at all and only few people on server with low pings.

Not the most drastic examples, but when doing dogfights even small desync matters.

We are now noticing, in multiplayer, the reappearance of the old bug of getting "slowdown/stoppage/jerky/laggy" when dropped CBU 97's deploy/explode. Anyone else noticing this again?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset