Dedicated Server Specs?

I am considering standing up a dedicated server as an option for my squadron and was wondering if the specs bridge has been crossed.

I have a 150/150Mbps synchronous connection available, so I'm G2G on bandwidth/ping.

I would want the server to support 8-12 players tops.

Thanks for any advice.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Curious as well. Doubtful it's different from the game requirements in regards to multi core

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It "IS" the game installer, there is neither a dedicated server module nor multi-core support yet for DCS.

If you want to run a server, install the game on a dedicated box, that's all you can do in terms of "dedicated". Dont actually play on it, that is most important. Fast CPU, RAM and SSD are as much a must as with your actual gaming rig, same requirements apply but the D3D part, any DX11 card will be fine...but you need one. A true ded. server has a ~8MB Server Adapter /Matrox card and VGA, thats it. That wont run DCS yet.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X