SH-60

crow0827

Hi, heatblur!

I think that you are Best of the 3rd party.

AJS37 gives us first ground RADAR.

F-14A/B gives us first multi-crew and RIO!

I considered what is suitable for next aircraft with new feature.

It is SH-60B or SH-60F!

Anti-Submarine-Warfare Helicopters have some complex component.

Their component isn't implemented yet.

and SH-60 contains multi-crew, Surface RADAR.

Who does realize first? I believe that is Heatblur!

Thx

Glad you like us! :)

A SH-60 would be fun. Perhaps once we finalize our current plans. We'd love to take on a helicopter at some point.

Keeping my hopes up, ASW has always been interesting to me! Perhaps, if we were to get one, you could coordinate with ED. With them making SS units for you to hunt?

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Yeah, down the road the Naval version would be interesting , that is SH-70 LAMPS . But given that we will have a Forrestal class + Nimitz from ED comissioned , why dont start with the SH-3 Sea King ? Would love to see a Helo DLC made by Heatblur, but prior to that I bet for completing the naval series with birds like A-6 , S-3A , E-2C/D and in a medium future the F-18E/F SuperHornet given that Coretex Designs looks to be dead .

That Has got to be the weirdest looking helicopter I've ever seen...

It actually caused an interservice firestorm. The Airforce got super pissed because they said it was too plane like. It would be one hell of a unique NATO Gunship to include in DCS though.

A SH-60 would be a first day pre-order, but until we have proper naval combat, whats the point? I'd much rather have something like a HH-60G, who is able to perform a whole slew of tasks that no other helicopter in DCS can do at the moment, and probably for a long time ahead.

The HH-60G is sort of an older, less capable MH-60M. It is a very capable multi-mission platform, performing everything from troop transport to recon, CSAR, long range missions with refueling, night missions, etc. It also has this beautiful blend of an old school cockpit and a glass cockpit. Here is a list i stole right off of wikipedia of its equipment:

INS/GPS/Doppler navigation

SATCOM satellite communications

Secure/anti-jam communications

LARS (Lightweight Airborne Recovery System) range/steering radio to compatible survivor radios

Automatic flight control

NVG night vision goggle lighting

FLIR forward looking infra-red radar

Color weather radar

Engine/rotor blade anti-ice system

Retractable In-flight refueling probe

Integral rescue hoist

RWR combat enhancement

IR infra-red jamming unit

Flare/chaff countermeasure dispensing system

The HH-60G 'Pave Hawk' has been in service for a long time, and saw combat during, among others, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Allied Force, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom, mainly flying combat search and rescue and medevac, but also insertion and extraction for ground troops. When not in combat, it has been very active flying humanitarian relief missions all over the world. Because of its age, it doesn't have too many classified systems, and it would be a blast to fly! :D

hh-60g-pave-hawk_011-ts600.jpg

120404-F-QU157-003.JPG

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I'd take any Hawk, any day. But I remember reading that Sikorsky isn't that happy about allowing people to work with their IPs in a digital manner. But if it were to happen, i'd suspect we'd get something simpler, systems wise, like a old UH60A or L, but a Pavehawk would probably be my favourite too.

"A SH-60 would be a first day pre-order, but until we have proper naval combat, whats the point?"

The point is that the SH-60 is a utility helicopter like the Huey, depending how it's configured. Or it could be a gunship like the Huey, depending how it's configured. It might be configured to do both like the Huey, depending how it's configured.

Also, your point about proper naval combat is null. They don't send the SH-60 out to kill ships any more then anyone else who has armed helicopters does; aside from anti-sub functions we wouldn't miss out on anything, but even this can be simmed to a small degree per the Argos campaign.....also in the Huey. The only difference is that you'd be operating from ships, which, and I can't stress this enough, the Huey also can do :-)

That all said, I personally would love the see the PaveHawk variant, and if Sikorsky doesn't want to play nice then an A or B would be just fine!! :-)

~Rob

Edited by Robert31178

HH-60, yes, would be a great addon ! But for SH-60, I also agree that it won't be a so great addon regarding how naval warfare, and sea environnment is currently modelised. But, if one day sea environnment is modelised as it was in sonalyst's Dangerous Waters, yes, SH-60 will be a great addon and it would a first day purchase for me

XHawks are boring. Be bold, AH-56 Cheyenne

lok_cheyenne_1.jpg

Isn't that the one that killed its test pilots due to pitching up too hard and the blades intersecting the cockpit?

People already have problems keeping the Ka-50 from going into blender mode with its own blades, the reaction to this thing would be hilarious!

Isn't that the one that killed its test pilots due to pitching up too hard and the blades intersecting the cockpit?

People already have problems keeping the Ka-50 from going into blender mode with its own blades, the reaction to this thing would be hilarious!

That accident was caused because the safety systems had been removed for that flight. The rotor assembly and control system was redesigned to stop that from happening again.

An SH-60 would be very cool, and would fit nicely with the new carriers and I'm sure HB would do a great job with it. But if I'm honest, and without wanting this to turn into a wishlist thread, for me this would be the ultimate DCS chopper.

[ATTACH]164859[/ATTACH]

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I'd absolutely love an SH-60 (either an MH-60R or MH-60S) but truly I'd just be happy with an H-60 air frame. I'm shocked that nobody has attempted an H-60 as it is basically the modern huey and is used by such a wide array of nations. I'd be just as happy with an MH-60S as with an HH-60 Pavehawk or a standard UH-60 Blackhawk.

Edited by Jhuss96
misspell

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

A SH-60 would be a first day pre-order, but until we have proper naval combat, whats the point? I'd much rather have something like a HH-60G, who is able to perform a whole slew of tasks that no other helicopter in DCS can do at the moment, and probably for a long time ahead.

The HH-60G is sort of an older, less capable MH-60M. It is a very capable multi-mission platform, performing everything from troop transport to recon, CSAR, long range missions with refueling, night missions, etc. It also has this beautiful blend of an old school cockpit and a glass cockpit.

Why not HH-60H then? It does the same role (among others), but for the US Navy so it's automatically waaay cooler as it normally operates from carriers (and has that weathered gray paint job that I'm fond of), has all that equipment (and more) and as a bonus, it can use Hellfire missiles.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

It's hard for me to understand how they got all that monkey motion to come from just one engine! :megalol:

You sir have made my day :megalol:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

SH-60 would be great. My office mate happens to be a sierra pilot. Might get him into DCS, and could be a resource for development :thumbup:

Only question is, which version of the SH-60 would have enough systems info unclassified to make it?

Edited by Dino Might

Also, your point about proper naval combat is null.

Gonna have to disagree with you there, I mean, I fully support development of naval helicopters: Sea King, Lynx, Merlin, NH-90 NFH, SH-60/MH-60 etc as naval combat is what I'm most interested in out of all of it, which is why I'm so pleased about the development of the F/A-18C and the new carrier assets and also why I got my hopes up for an enhanced naval environment when the Kilo class got updated and when the SLCMs were added. But at the moment DCS is completely lacking the proper maritime environment and features that would otherwise make a predominantly naval helicopter worthwhile. Yes the SH-60 is a multi-mission helicopter (like most naval helicopters) but we are lacking completely lots of things to make them worthwhile. Things like the ability for ASW - we have a great looking submarine with most/all the bells and whistles and even submarine launched cruise missiles to go with, but it seems pointless in their current stage because underwater is a non-existent place in DCS. We have no real sub-surface sensors such as SONAR (active, passive, dipping, buoys or otherwise) or MADs and torpedoes, naval mines, depth charges, anti-submarine rockets and submarine launched cruise missiles are currently impossible things (despite having SLCMs modelled). Now I know that the SH-60 might not specifically carry depth charges, mines etc like some other maritime helicopters but even the features that would cater for it's multi-function RADAR we also don't have yet (though this will probably change when the F/A-18C gets released).

On the subject of it as well, as of yet whilst we have sling-loading we don't have any winches or rescue hoists meaning SAR/CSAR/MEDEVAC/Counter Piracy or other missions involving recovery/insertion of personnel also are not really feasible in the maritime environment (the Mil Mi-8MTV2 that we have currently does have a winch/hoist mounted, but is currently non-functional).

Aside from that the naval units we have to operate from are few and far between, not just lacking units or the proper mission editing tools for them, a good portion are super outdated models, and even the more modern models need a couple of touches here and there (particularly for the American OHP class and Ticonderoga class and these 'touches' are for most very minor things). We are also very limited with what we can do with as well, we can't coordinate with them like a GCI, we don't even have CA functionality for them, we can't change loadouts (which while not so much a problem for Russian vessels but for vessels which can carry different missile types and can have different configurations depending on missions, it's really something that needs addressing). At the moment we can just about use them as small, floating mobile airfields that we can takeoff and land at and even that's not short of issues. I mean compared to the other brilliant aspects of DCS, the whole naval thing, whilst having the significant edge over say Strike Fighters 2, to me is still far from being as immersive as maybe it could be, in comparison to other areas of DCS.

I mean at the moment as much as I hate to say it, FSX and P3D even more so, apart from actual combat (which DCS is the only combat flight simulator that actually has anything close to accurate naval combat with plenty of future potential) have the lead in the actual naval environment from an aviation perspective. You can for instance completely configure the water to exactly how you desire, which on the face of it doesn't sound fantastic but actually when you use it... oh boy it can be made to look fantastic. P3D gets great waves, although they tend to not get along with wakes (which is another thing maybe lacking in DCS - the current ship wake isn't exactly, natural looking) P3D also has underwater and FSX/P3D gets a fantastic looking freeware Nimitz class, with working lifts, animated deck crew, a push-back tug (which is something DCS seriously needs as a flight simulator) and a limited but still sufficient if I'm honest full interior (though that last one to me is more something that's less important, kinda an unnecessary gimmick in my books, but at the same time it's more than welcome and I'd rather have it where possible than not have it (or at least applicable important ship spaces such as control centres, bridges, flyco etc).

Now we do have new carriers in development, as I'm aware they'll be paid additions, which again I have no problem with, providing they are up to the standard and are the best and as immersive as they can feasibly be (important things to me are working lifts, a modelled hangar, fully animated, proper movement and damage models (none of this exploding and sinking vertically thing the ships currently do) and the list goes on (obviously new features are going to need to be added for them to be to the same standard as other DCS areas (i.e underwater, decoy launchers, blah blah blah, etc etc etc).

To cut it short, that's a lot of functionality and features completely absent for a helicopter such as an SH-60. I think that we've still got to wait for some core DCS changes and feature adding, which may not even be on the plan, before naval helicopters really take off (I'm so sorry).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

You only added the half of my comment that served your agenda....

Original: "Also, your point about proper naval combat is null. They don't send the SH-60 out to kill ships any more then anyone else who has armed helicopters does"

I fail to see how that was wrong? There is minor anti sub stuff in DCS, and aside from the super offensive DAP version of a -Hawk you wouldn't miss out on anything.

You only added the half of my comment that served your agenda....

Original: "Also, your point about proper naval combat is null. They don't send the SH-60 out to kill ships any more then anyone else who has armed helicopters does"

I fail to see how that was wrong? There is minor anti sub stuff in DCS, and aside from the super offensive DAP version of a -Hawk you wouldn't miss out on anything.

Dude, nothing is on my fictional agenda. I'll reiterate once more - I would absolutely love to see some proper naval helicopters, I fully support their development. Naval combat is what I'm interested in the most. I did read your whole comment, I posted regarding that comment and added the relevant quote because there are so many other features completely absent in DCS to make a naval helicopter more worthwhile and it's ironic because "they don't send the SH-60 out to kill ships" is just about the only thing a naval helicopter can do in the current DCS maritime environment. It just so happens that the only combat-ish thing in a naval environment we can actually do is limited anti-ship with a helicopter, like counter-piracy and that's it. And you yourself said that nobody sends out helicopters for ASuW against ships which I agree with, well apart from counter-piracy (which in DCS is kinda meh, I mean we have insurgents but they only have a patrol boat armed with a ZU-23-2, a bit overkill for a skiff in my opinion, and not exactly a pirate mothership either but still possible) the other being countering fast, swarming attack craft (of which again the patrol boat is probably the closest, followed by the Tarantul-3 class, but what we really need is something like a C-14 China Cat to serve as the proper target) So even then realistic ASuW with a helicopter isn't really there yet (though would be a great deal easier to implement).

To reiterate again:

• No ASW weapons
  • No ASW sensors apart from maybe my eyes.
  • No winch/rescue hoist for SAR/CSAR/Insertion type missions
  • Few naval assets, with severely limited capability and functionality aside from being an armed, mobile, floating basic FARP when IRL they are so much more than that.
  • Many naval units are in need of some minor attention, some in truly dire need for some attention
  • Still some features not implemented (eg RAST) and while I'm on it, though this might be a little OT we don't even have proper thermal imaging yet. Certainly not a proper IR system like in comparison to say Arma 3

We'd basically get little more than a slightly fancier Huey, with an identical niche, which would be fine for a UH-60 as that's the Huey's replacement, but not the SH-60 (come to think of it even the Coast Guard's HH-60J/MH-60T or the USAF's HH-60G/MH-60G have enough absent features (looking your way rescue hoists and proper FLIR) to make them not worthwhile, let alone the SH-60.

In short were missing out on like a good 80% of what we could do with a Naval Helicopter because the only thing we can do is limited anti-ship and vertical replenishment - not exactly a whole host of roles for a multi-mission helicopter. Yes we can do insertion but only if we land first, which isn't something really practised at sea, particularly if boarding a vessel in rough weather conditions or without proper aviation facilities and again, even that isn't quite there yet with DCS.

I addressed your entire comment because your entire comment revolved around the idea that apart from ASW we've got everything, so the SH-60's development is worthwhile at the moment, when we absolutely do not.

SH-60 is a multi-mission helicopter, the SH-60B was designed for primarily ASW (pneumatic SONAR buoy launchers, dipping SONAR but at the moment were restricted to the same exact thing the Huey does but a more modern take on it. Before you say the F-15C does the exact same thing as an F-86 but more modern, the F-15C allows for far more potential as an air combat aircraft, the advantage over the Huey is marginal. The SH-60 and the UH-1 while both utility helicopters are suited for different roles. The fact of the matter that we are so lacking in features to make an SH-60 viable, it would basically be an FSX SH-60 but with some working weapons. Do you really want that?

DCS has a very limited amount of aircraft and the correct features have to be implemented first or at the very least planned to be implemented, after all you've got to have the foundations there to build a house on. But it gets worse, AFAIK ED don't have a huge amount of things lined up for the naval environment and related features that need to be implemented into DCS itself, the things we're getting is the F/A-18C and the new carrier assets, the F/A-18C will mean multi-function RADAR but that's about it. The thing is there are changes that are going to need to be made to DCS itself such as the multi-function RADAR, underwater, rescue hoists/winches/RAST systems etc and after that I'm sure relevant sensors and weapons will follow suite in good time. But until this is even planned to happen - I'm afraid I just don't see it as being worthwhile adding a naval helicopter just yet.

Hope that clears that up.

Regards,

Ollie

Edited by Northstar98

System: