Freaking Out About VEAO!

Okay. I'm actually starting to freak out over VEAOs situation, as far as I can see. I read somewhere that recently, VEAO's contract with ED has either been canceled, needs to renewed, I barely know. But THAT is why I'm flipping out a bit. I really REALLY like VEAO, and I do not wish for it to go, at least not with the promises of aircraft that they have in mind. To be honest, my biggest reason that I support VEAO so much is because that currently (or maybe not, anymore, idk) VEAO has more WWII aircraft in mind than RAZBAM, Polychop, Leatherneck, HeatBlur, or any other 3rd party. I'm a big "prophead" and the WWII aircraft are all I really talk and think about. I have been looking forward to the Kittyhawk, Bearcat, Corsair, and Thunderbolt for so long, and suddenly the group that have these aircraft in mind appear (from MY point of view) in a crisis. Losing VEAO is like losing almost all of the future aircraft for DCS to me.

What is the current situation of VEAO? Links, blogs, or maybe someone from VEAO will talk. Pman?? I just really want to know!

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First of all, most of the aircraft that were on VEAO roadmap were literally "in their mind", they didn't have a contract with ED for them anyway.

Second, those aircraft, for which contracts have expired were still far away from completion according to ED. So nothing really changed. When VEAO shows progress, they can be awarded those contracts again. You can go back to waiting game.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

As some1 said: It's nothing dramatic. So calm down. They do have still contracts with ED and are working on their modules.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No reason to panic guys, we're still here.

I can't go into details about the contracts or negotiations for legal reasons obviously.

All I can say is that we are discussing the contracts with TFC and ED and will be meeting face-to-face later this month.

At the moment all development work for all projects are on hold until we have that meeting, except for Hawk which is still in contract.

Once we have the meeting and negotiations have concluded we will inform you of what is happening going forward.

Our legal team have advised us to not give refunds outside of those already committed in the P-40F refund request last month, which are ongoing.

The money has been transferred to PayPal and we are waiting for the refunds to go through in the next day or two.

We understand that some of you are concerned and we want to assure you it's in TFC, ED and our best interest to find an amicable solution.

Thanks,

Chris.

• Like 1
Okay. I'm actually starting to freak out over VEAOs situation, as far as I can see. I read somewhere that recently, VEAO's contract with ED has either been canceled, needs to renewed, I barely know. But THAT is why I'm flipping out a bit. I really REALLY like VEAO, and I do not wish for it to go, at least not with the promises of aircraft that they have in mind. To be honest, my biggest reason that I support VEAO so much is because that currently (or maybe not, anymore, idk) VEAO has more WWII aircraft in mind than RAZBAM, Polychop, Leatherneck, HeatBlur, or any other 3rd party. I'm a big "prophead" and the WWII aircraft are all I really talk and think about. I have been looking forward to the Kittyhawk, Bearcat, Corsair, and Thunderbolt for so long, and suddenly the group that have these aircraft in mind appear (from MY point of view) in a crisis. Losing VEAO is like losing almost all of the future aircraft for DCS to me.

What is the current situation of VEAO? Links, blogs, or maybe someone from VEAO will talk. Pman?? I just really want to know!

Hey there Magic Zach, I see you got a forum account!

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

I am a WWII aircraft enthusiast too. I have dipped my toe into DCS (along with some squad mates) to see if they can deliver WWII and am waiting for the great merge of version 1 and 2 series and to see if the Normandy map delivers.

Without the upcoming VEAO aircraft, WWII in DCS would be a bit thin for my long term future commitment IMHO and I may need to think long and hard about whether to stick with DCS or focus on other WWII flight simulations if VEAO were to leave the field.

I don't want to give up on my recent foray into DCS, but I am not getting a good feeling about the future at the moment and this issue is not helping my peace of mind over the overall DCS product.

I hope that all involved can come to an amicable agreement for the good of the combat flight simulation community and the business partners involved.

Good luck everybody.

Happy landings,

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I can't see that sort of information being published, if its a lot they'll get slated for a lack of progress, if its a few they'll get slated for a lack of progress.

Lose:Lose

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

Well, I'm not trading in my ticket to the P40, no sir...

Well, it's not like anyone has to get in line to get a copy.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the response guys. I guess I can finally sleep easy again.

And hello to you too, The Black Swan.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]