Dcs 1.2

Hi all,

Being on a laptop DCS 1.5 just does not cut it well but surprisingly Xplane 10 works better.ks

So If someone knows that if I download DCS 1.2 will the Multi player still be available ? My connection is a lousy 700 Kbps (70Kb download rate) hence it would be helpful to know before I download 1.2.

Thanks

Edited by humptydumpty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Hi all,

Being on a laptop DCS 1.5 just does not cut it well but surprisingly Xplane 10 works better.ks

So If someone knows that if I download DCS 1.2 will the Multi player still be available ? My connection is a lousy 700 Kbps (70Kb download rate) hence it would be help full to know before I download 1.2.

Thanks

1.2 multiplayer will work, but only with other 1.2 servers.

You can't join 1.5 servers with a 1.2 installation.

I believe most popular servers, 104th included, switched to 1.5 & 2.0. There might be some guys running 1.2 servers, but choice is going to be limited I'm afraid.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

DCS 1.5 will be the way to go in future.

There will be less players playing DCS 1.2, as the 1.5 enters the stable mode from Open Beta.

:)

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

And 1.5.2 is getting close to final release state I surmise. The only issues I find in that iteration are attributed to the different aircraft modules that are themselves still "Beta" and have numerous shortcomings/bugs. I could provide a list but I think you are all as aware as anyone, especially the developers working day and night to resolve these problems.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I have managed to get 1.5 working with some good flyable fps :) not bad when you get 20-25 with good Graphics settings including HDR.

But the moment I look or fly towards the airport there goes my fps :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

And 1.5.2 is getting close to final release state I surmise. The only issues I find in that iteration are attributed to the different aircraft modules that are themselves still "Beta" and have numerous shortcomings/bugs. I could provide a list but I think you are all as aware as anyone, especially the developers working day and night to resolve these problems.

Hope all gets sorted out.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

I'll be glad when ED merges 1.5 and 2.0, thats going to be awesome. :D

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Am excited.

I'll be glad when ED merges 1.5 and 2.0, thats going to be awesome. :D

For the those that have been into flight sims many years, that we are where we are at today would have been unthought of in the early beginnings. I want to let my imagination take charge in anticipation of what will eventually evolve in the flight sim genre'.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I have managed to get 1.5 working with some good flyable fps :) not bad when you get 20-25 with good Graphics settings including HDR.

But the moment I look or fly towards the airport there goes my fps :(

One thing i dont understand is why you get 20 to 25 fps on a laptop while my year old gaming pc

gets no more then 16 fps max?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing i dont understand is why you get 20 to 25 fps on a laptop while my year old gaming pc

gets no more then 16 fps max?

I do get below 10s too depending on the server. Bigbird server gives me bad fps , DCS Aerobatics & Freeflight is pretty ok and DCS Israel seems nice. So try to go to the server that I get the best performance

I am just using HDR and the other stuff is either OFF or Medium and still looks nice. But I can pull between 15-20-25. Airports are killing the fps hence I try to get off as quick as I can.

What is your configuration ?

Mine is :

Toshiba Satellite L755

i5 2430m (downclocked to 1.8 Ghz to keep temps under 90c)

8 GB DDR3

1 GB GT525m (Using an exhaust fan on it to keep it cool :) ).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC